Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After collecting parts for a few years I think I am finaly going to start building my new engine. I just bought an AEM with dual widebands to go on my spare engine. I started out with a GTSr engine and Tilton GTSr carbon clutch assembly. Anyway here comes the fun part. I am going to modify the GTSr engine for street use(Street intake, new cam and pistons for lower compression mainly). The only part I am going to regret is removing the AC for the Dry sump tank.

Anyway I have a few questions.
1. What is the best place to get the tunning done for the AEM in the South East?
2. Does anyone have any experience with sequential transmissions and are they alright for a car mainly driven on the track but with seldom street use?
3. Has anyone run the dry sump system and still had an air conditioner?
4. What is the highest horsepower and tourque that current all engine cars are running on 93 octane fuel?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may do turbos later. The only reason I was going this route is that I already have all the parts with the exception of the cams and pistons to do this. I wish I could afford to do a turbo system right now. I know they are expensive to buy and I do not know how to design one properly as I have always worked with NA cars. The AEM unit I got is set up for turbos and it has the dual knock sensors so I can always upgrade to a turbo system later with some engine modifications. Also to The Chad. Do you have the AEM? If you do Where did you get it tuned?

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I run an AEM. Call Jason Heffner at 410-766-2800. The AEM is very adjustable, meaning unless you really know what you are doing, you can do far more bad then good. Some have already sold their AEM's for this very reason but my car would not be what it is without the AEM (yeah, yeah, traction control and I can't drive, blah, blah, blah).

·
Registered
193 Posts
looking to run a dry sump with a/c ?... cal john at west coast viper we've got the set up for you the pump run's on the passenger side. and you can put the tan in the rear of the car. call 951-677-4546 :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.