Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutley love this site, I really dislike the VCA! One of the things that I hate about the vca is that the nearest Viper Club is 3 hours away from where I live! I live in Richmond VA and If I wanted to join the VCA I would have to attend the events of the Maryland/VA club, anyways I was interested in knowing if anybody else was interested in starting up other viper clubs/get togethers outside of the vca, maybe like one closer to where I live in Central VA?

Just a thought, all feedback welcome

Patrick Mullins
Hennessey Venom 550

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'm all for it and I think it's a good idea. I know we've kicked this idea around before. I wonder if there's any interest in starting a ViperAlley Club with local/regional chapters.

I've met a lot of the people from the alley and we've had some great times.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i have the domain ViperOwnersOfAmerica.com It might be cool to intergrate it with this site. It would be a big F.U to the VCA
-Mario

·
Enlightened
28,785 Posts
I drive down to Richmond every now and then - wifes family has a farm out in Lousia and used to live on the West End. We dont have enough people to start clubs, but we have had some regional get togethers. Sounds like a great idea, but the effort that goes into running a club is significant.

Reminds me, we need to work on one for our area!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We dont have to "become" them, we can do alot better than they did. There are plenty of people in the Central Va Region that would be interested, I personally think that it is worth a shot..more feedback please!

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
I think it is a great idea, especially when there is little or no VCA presence - or they just don't do anything. Example: Kansas City has a VERY active VCA chapter, as does Gateway (St. Louis). Do the 7-10 Vipers in Springfield want to drive 120+ miles for meetings and cruises? Rarely. So they now have their own e-mail list and do their own stuff. Granted, most still belong to the VCA in some way, however they get together independently based on location.

That said, an ACTIVE VCA chapter is not always a bad thing. No question that there are dickheads and/or windbreakers everywhere, but the clubs are what you make of them. The framework is set up and if done right it can be done where you get a lot of stuff for free (Dyno Day, drag racing, etc.). I know this site was born largely out of distaste for the VCA (national), but don't group everybody in the same boat. There are some genuinely decent people and local clubs to be found. Not all, but some.

But once again, if you are in a remote area outside of the designated home of a VCA region, I would ABSOLUTELY try to set up another club or group for Vipers in your area. That is exactly how the Kansas City VCA was born...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.