Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

After getting into the GTS world with my 1996, I have discovered there are some small things that are impossible to find, door stanchions being one.

I'm missing the top weatherstripping on my driver's side, and the passenger side is both cracked and epoxied, and the other day I witnessed the damn long weatherstripping fall into my door panel when I rolled the window down.

I've got a nice 3d scanner (yeah you can make on for a few hundred bucks, blablabla) but this is in another league.

I've also got world class 3d printers that are used to make OEM vehicle parts. The prints don't look like prints, and they are certainly more durable than the plastics used in these old vipers.

So, all these being said, where do we get started, who's interested, and what other components are there to make for these old snakes?

·
Landscaping Professional
14,347 Posts
You might check out the VOA page as well. There are some thread stickies for group buys.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,347 Posts
Gen 2 throttle cable clips for the stud on the manifold. I'd pay $10 without a second thought. I bet you'd sell 50-100 of them in a couple of months when the word gets out.

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T

·
Premium Member
19,662 Posts
Those should be easy enough. Got a spare to scan?

I do, $10K and it's yours......................... or a good bottle of vodka.................. 😁

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T

·
Kitty Wrangler Denali Owner
8,853 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Guys,

After getting into the GTS world with my 1996, I have discovered there are some small things that are impossible to find, door stanchions being one.

I'm missing the top weatherstripping on my driver's side, and the passenger side is both cracked and epoxied, and the other day I witnessed the damn long weatherstripping fall into my door panel when I rolled the window down.

I've got a nice 3d scanner (yeah you can make on for a few hundred bucks, blablabla) but this is in another league.

I've also got world class 3d printers that are used to make OEM vehicle parts. The prints don't look like prints, and they are certainly more durable than the plastics used in these old vipers.

So, all these being said, where do we get started, who's interested, and what other components are there to make for these old snakes?
I NEED I NEED MIne are of busted up!!!!! let me know.......thanx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts