Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a thread on the Morg that talks about Bellanger headers were going to be offered for $1480 a set by a new Bellanger dealer. Then that deal got killed since the largest Bellanger dealer caused a big stink with the manufacturer. Seems like a lot of people were interested in the new special price and then got ticked off to see the "Parts-Broker" rack them by strong arming the manufacturer to keep prices up.

So my question / offer would be that if there were 25 orders for our 1.75 in. stainless steel headers with Burns-style merge collectors, we would be willing to offer them for $1,480 per set. Right now we have to charge a higher price since we just build them one set at a time. But if we had 25 orders, I would be willing to lower the price that would match the other deal that was withdrawn.

As always, we ship COD and this offer will also be available thru Larry Macedo. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Danny - every Viper header maker says their headers are "the best". Rather than making that broad statement, I would prefer just to give the facts:

100% T304 Stainless Steel Construction
100% TIG / Purge Welded
Beefy 3/8 in. CNC Flanges
Burns 5-to-1 Collectors (This IS the BEST Collector and when you see it you know it)
1.75 in. Primary Tube Sizing
28 in. Long Primary Tube Length (+/- 2 in.)

Power Gains from these headers alone with a 3 in. exhaust and high flow cats will range from a low of 25 rw hp on a 00 - 02 creampuff cam Gen 2 up to 40+ rw hp on a 96 - 99 cam Gen 2.

Our headers work well for supercharged engines moving a lot of exhaust energy at higher rpm.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
25 may be to many John. Lower it to 10 or 15 and then hope for more. I will link this to morg.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
YOu dont have to use the stock shields with any header system. You can if you desire, and it will keep your underhood temperatures lower. The stock shields will fit easily.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 Tony - good suggestion. I could probably work with a minimum of 15 and hope that the word spreads. Thanks for the link

Elcapo - like Smokin said, you dont have to use the stock heat shields but I would suggest that you do. Lower temps under the hood means more power. Our design has always worked with the stock heat sheilds. Other header designs dont work with the factory heat sheilds.

MHQC - we have built 00-02's with 3 in. exhaust, high flow cats, our 1.75 in. stainless headers, cold air induction and 1.7 rockerarms and gotten 460 rw hp. The T&D's really help the cream puff motors since their cams are smaller than on the 96-99 Gen 2's. Without the T&D's you will make more like 438 rw hp.

I will post some pictures later on when I get a chance. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The next question that needs to be answered is WHEN will the headers be available? If we ramp up to build 25 sets will require some time to organize the bending and collector production along with flanges, bungs, etc. I would guess that once we confirm that we are going to do this, it will require at least 8 weeks. I dont want to give any kind of unrealistic expectation here, so anyone in a hurry can order their favorite header right now I suppose.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Morg removed my thread/link. FUCK !!

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
John, will these headers cause check engine lights on creampuffs? Are they 50 state legal? Are they jet coated? How do you feel they compare to belangers?

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Makara, John can probably address the 02 light issue on the 01 and newer cars. As far as 50 state legality goes, im guessing they are not CARB certified. But if you arent throwing a check engine light and you toss your heat shields on during emissions testing, there is no way the smog guy will know, unless hes a viper guy. Even then, it would be tough to tell wtih the heat sheilds on.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
John Hennessey said:
There is a thread on the Morg that talks about Bellanger headers were going to be offered for $1480 a set by a new Bellanger dealer. Then that deal got killed since the largest Bellanger dealer caused a big stink with the manufacturer. Seems like a lot of people were interested in the new special price and then got ticked off to see the "Parts-Broker" rack them by strong arming the manufacturer to keep prices up.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showfla...rt=1#Post382226

·
Landscaping Professional
14,157 Posts
I am in!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1Tony - nice try on the morg but i didnt think it would last long. That is OK, the word will get around. Tell you what, I will just go ahead right now and make the following offer:

Anyone who wants to order these headers and place the order here on the ViperAlley, I will offer them for $1,480. How long can I make this offer? Well as long as I dont get jacked on my materials costs, I will offer it long enough to irritate the parts broker over at the morg. Who do you think got the thread pulled?

Carrot - no problemo man, Bellangers are a good header and your car should fly with them.

Makara - the will not be 50-state legal, they will not cause check engine lights for 00-02 Vipers. Since they are stainless steel they are not coated and dont need to be. I will say that I think the level of quality and the materials is better than the Bellangers which are coated steel. I will guess that the power increases are comparable.

Dean - thanks man, you are 5th on the list as of today. Like I said, this deal is on, just post your request here on the alley so the parts broker can see that he lost another sale over at the morg.

We are shooting to start shipping the first sets June 1 or sooner.

I will try to get pics up soon. Was just busy today shipping 2 cars out of the shop. Have a nice weekend.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts