Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
helluva set of four vipers came to race from st louis area, kevin (blown gts?), joe (black gts) and a couple others.

i thought id just point out how damn well these guys cars ran. now if you can just quit breaking your shit, LOL.

it was great seeing all of you again and i look forward to seeing you in ohio; columbus, for the next V10 nats. (be ready joe, i will :thumb: )

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like a dog. i shoulda ran my fourwheeler, i woulda had a shot at winning /images/graemlins/toothy

this nitrous system, because of the install, is a nightmare. the car is parked and im taking the entire system out tommorrow and redoing it myself (scary huh). way i see it, it isnt working now so its not like i can do worse, LOL

anyway, im going to hope to have it redone for the vette/viper shootout this weekend. im not going to use the computer (maximizer) im just going to wire it for a simple full hard hit.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one more thing to mention, denny from www.racetested.com is a class act. he drove to topeka from chicago saturday to help me attempt to rewire some things in an effort to get the nitrous system working properly, he did this on his own time. he had nothing to do with the install yet he opted to manup and help out with the redo of it. :thumb:

im confident itll be working like it should and then ill be running numbers like i should and no more of this bullshit

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Rich,
Thank you very much for the nice words. I try very hard to make my customers cars as fast as they can be ... some times you break a few parts and other times you break a lot of parts. All of the cars that we bring out see racing every weekend without fail...these are no trailer queens. As much as I hate to say it, it takes a toll on parts. It is a tough market out there when you have guys like Heffner, Macedo, and RSI to name a few making fast cars. When you have all of these well known guys making a quality product it is tough to get your name out there. When you make a good showing at a race it is like a tv commercial for you...hopefully somebody saw it and maybe they will buy your product. I am just happy that we have done so well at the events we have gone to and I hope we can continue to be competitive in the future. We will hopefully bring more cars to the next event and hopefully we will do as well as we did in Topeka and Bowling Green.
Thanks again,
Joe

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for bringing the hot girls /images/graemlins/dude3

I also want to take PBJ for all the help on my Gts and Charlies SRT, You really know your sheet when it comes to making vipers run! /images/graemlins/biggrin

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
BLACK GTS said:
Hey Rich,
Thank you very much for the nice words. I try very hard to make my customers cars as fast as they can be ... some times you break a few parts and other times you break a lot of parts. All of the cars that we bring out see racing every weekend without fail...these are no trailer queens. As much as I hate to say it, it takes a toll on parts. It is a tough market out there when you have guys like Heffner, Macedo, and RSI to name a few making fast cars. When you have all of these well known guys making a quality product it is tough to get your name out there. When you make a good showing at a race it is like a tv commercial for you...hopefully somebody saw it and maybe they will buy your product. I am just happy that we have done so well at the events we have gone to and I hope we can continue to be competitive in the future. We will hopefully bring more cars to the next event and hopefully we will do as well as we did in Topeka and Bowling Green.
Thanks again,
Joe

Joe

Keep making them go fast!!! you guys added alot of excitement to the race series! this is what makes it so much fun! you build the fast cars and your customers drove them like champs!!!

Make sure you get them to columbus!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rollmodel,
I am in St.Louis city. I had a website, but I didn't have the time to keep up with it. I am a one man show that is several months behind with vipers stacked up everywhere. I am finally starting to break out of the mid west area and I am starting to get customers from farther and farther away. I just hope I continue to do well and become as well known as some others. There are a lot of good shops out there to compete with, so I have to try to do my best.
Later,
Joe

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
BLACK GTS said:
Rollmodel,
I am in St.Louis city. I had a website, but I didn't have the time to keep up with it. I am a one man show that is several months behind with vipers stacked up everywhere. I am finally starting to break out of the mid west area and I am starting to get customers from farther and farther away. I just hope I continue to do well and become as well known as some others. There are a lot of good shops out there to compete with, so I have to try to do my best.
Later,
Joe
Joe

you are well on your way!!! :nod:

Stay honest and keep your integrity you will be busy as you can stand!

oh, and keep bringing fast cars to the V-10 Nationals /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles /images/graemlins/smiles :thumb:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks David,
We will be there with bells on. I have already had more customers ask if they could become a part of the St. Louis Crew. I want to have cars in every class for this next event. So, we will see you there.
Later,
Joe

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
BLACK GTS said:
I am a one man show that is several months behind with vipers stacked up everywhere. I am finally starting to break out of the mid west area and I am starting to get customers from farther and farther away. I just hope I continue to do well and become as well known as some others. There are a lot of good shops out there to compete with, so I have to try to do my best.
And let me add this about Joe: One of our Kansas City attendees figured he would try his Gen I on the track Friday night and got a little too much wheel hop, resulting in a broken spider gear. Now while Joe had his own car and customers to run, he took hours on Saturday morning (the actual race day) to completely replace the rear end on this car - while it was on jack stands! Not only did he impress everybody around with his skills, but he also blew us away with his generosity. It is not an easy thing to find people of this caliber in any business, much less the automotive world. Definitely has my vote!!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
ANIL8-U said:
Thanks for bringing the hot girls /images/graemlins/dude3

I also want to take PBJ for all the help on my Gts and Charlies SRT, You really know your sheet when it comes to making vipers run! /images/graemlins/biggrin
Charlie as in Charlie that also owns a turbo '03 Cobe?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes,
The same Charlie. That was the first time to the track for that car. After I did the motor the rear end lasted 8 days. I got a new diff in Thursday before the race and that didn't make it through the weekend either. We were easy on the car not spraying until third gear and having 2.0 plus 60 foot times , but it still went 10.91 @ 133 in the heat. I know my own car was off 5 mph, so I would hope that it would run at least 10.50's @ 136-138. He is going to have his hands full pretty soon. He already wants to step it up and I don't have the rear end issues figured out yet.
Thanks Chris for the kind words...I would only hope somebody would do the same for me in a similar situation. He has a few other issues with the gen 1 car to solve before he goes racing again. I am assuming that it makes some decent power to twist up the torque arm and halfshafts the way it did. Anyway, I hope he gets it all squared away.
As far as nice things being done, I think the Kansas City Club deserves a big thank you. I don't think the race would have gone on if it was not for them and their support. THANK YOU GUYS !!!
Later,
Joe

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Joe, I don't think we ever met but I used to hang out with Charlie and Von Morgan (Most know him as Xwire) on the weekends. I didn't know Charlie very well, was just introduced a few times by Von or Shane.

5 petes for you. :nod:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts