Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
Maybe just go back to stock shocks OR adjust your Koni's??? Switching to an SRT shock isn't gonna make the car ride like an SRT - you already have more adjustment than anyone....

And you may want to rethink the 18" wheels - less sidewall flex will stiffen the ride further........

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What are your spring rates?

Your shocks are basically for fine tuning and the springs determine the feel. If your Viper is riding to stiff than you can lower the spring rates to achieve a more comfortable street set-up.

Do you plan on taking the car to any road course events?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ron, the springs are stock off of a 99 ACR I cant remember now but I thought the rears were 900lbs. What would you guys charge to take a look at my allignment and suspension. It was done by the hacks over at Finish line dodge. The fact that one rear shock was on backwards makes me a little uncomfortable with thier ability. I would love to have someone who knows what they are doing check it out. Let me know I'm on the north side of chicago so I can come down when ever.

Sean

·
STALKED
4,483 Posts
Well- it's a tradeoff. The car may handle better becasue it's set up for road racing - and racetracks are smoother than public highways. You can soften the car up with lighter springs, but you may lose that handling you are touting.

You can't expect to put race car parts on a street car and not have ride quality suffer - you are asking the car to do too many things.

SVS can optimize handling and ride quality for you - but you will not get the "best" handling or ride quality. It's a personal thing, too - as everyone's handling and ride preferences are different.....

·
Landscaping Professional
14,390 Posts
JT said:
Well - and racetracks are smoother than public highways.
Maybe where you are from, but not in my radius of domination... :nod:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.