Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search for the install instructions someone posted a while back on how to install SRT10 Seats in a GENII but I could not find it. I know there was something on here and the morgue. Can someone point me to that post or who it was that has done it on this site. I got some seats and am getting ready to do it here pretty soon....Thanks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'm 6' 2" sitting in of our members car who has done the mod, changing gear was very awkward as the side bolster was in the way and I kept catching my elbow on it. They do look to big for a gen2 in my opinion

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
The cheapest way to buy gen III seats is to ask for non-airbag seats for a SRT-4. The fabric is the only thing not the same. But if your just going to get them re-coved with custom leather...why not same some money.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Snake Bitten said:
AL CONTRAIRINGER said:
Gen III seats are too big for a GTS, they do fit but sit up too high and look like they don't belong in the car.

Not with proper modification and installation.
SB.....You have any pics or install hints???? I know the detail you gave me for detailing a Viper so I would only expect the same for my seat install!!!!

·
Registered
10,436 Posts
vipergts2000 said:
Snake Bitten said:
AL CONTRAIRINGER said:
Gen III seats are too big for a GTS, they do fit but sit up too high and look like they don't belong in the car.

Not with proper modification and installation.
SB.....You have any pics or install hints???? I know the detail you gave me for detailing a Viper so I would only expect the same for my seat install!!!!
I have them in mine, and did figure out precisely how to mount them, where they are low enough, but I must warn you that they are completely fixed now, no sliders at all, but then again, my stocker seats were lowered and also permenantly fixed, with no sliders...

You have a PM.

·
Registered
10,436 Posts
makara said:
Do you ahve any pics of the install? I'd be interested in seeing how they look in there. How do you like the seats? Was it worth it?
I "worked" the drivers side for over a week, figured out how to install it, then the passenger side only took me a few hours and installed perfect...Due to the learning curve, I still have some work to do on the drivers side, the backrest sets up too high....But I have a spare set, if I can ever get off this project and get the ones in my RT out and shipped to Chad.

You basically have to remove most of the stocker hardware off the bottom of the SRT seats, and then build some "adapters" out of flat bar, to mount the seat in the stock GenII location...They are much more comfortable than the stock seats. And the suede keeps you from "sliding" around in them.

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/14DSC00622-med.JPG[/image]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.