Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

SRT with one piece front end ...picture!

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  King GTS 
#1 ·
Thought I would do a bit of photoshop to show what a SRT would look like with a one piece hood rather than all the ugly seam lines.
:thumb:
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/2/185DSCF0011_1__copy.jpg[/image]

#6 ·
I doubt this could actually be done in real life, there's hardly enough room up there for the engine let alone the bracketry to make this possible, you'd also need to lift teh front of the car considerably to get the whole piece to go up high enough.

#7 ·
Craig201MPH said:
I doubt this could actually be done in real life, there's hardly enough room up there for the engine let alone the bracketry to make this possible, you'd also need to lift teh front of the car considerably to get the whole piece to go up high enough. <hr /></blockquote>

please dont spoil the fantasy. Its the only way I can see liking this car. :arcade: /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

#13 ·
I have been watching this board for a while now. I have not been participating as I am both a Gen I/II and Gen III aficionado. It does seem like the latter are not welcome here. It seems the continuing prevailing thought is that the SRT is bad news and it and all who appreciate it are full of it.

If your intent is to have a GTS only website, then be my guest. You are off to a good start. But if you really want to have a site open to all Viper owners (Gen I, II and III) then slack off on all the negative comments. You have stated the negative shit for a long time now. Saying it again and again is not going to convince people to change sides. I would not feel comfortable being in a group that repeatedly tells me my car sucks. Why would the new SRT owners want to subject themselves to that ridicule?

I will get off my soapbox so you can get back to your SRT bashing.

A proud RT/10 and SRT owner.

#14 ·
ViperSRT said:
I have been watching this board for a while now. I have not been participating as I am both a Gen I/II and Gen III aficionado. It does seem like the latter are not welcome here. It seems the continuing prevailing thought is that the SRT is bad news and it and all who appreciate it are full of it.

If your intent is to have a GTS only website, then be my guest. You are off to a good start. But if you really want to have a site open to all Viper owners (Gen I, II and III) then slack off on all the negative comments. You have stated the negative shit for a long time now. Saying it again and again is not going to convince people to change sides. I would not feel comfortable being in a group that repeatedly tells me my car sucks. Why would the new SRT owners want to subject themselves to that ridicule?

A proud RT/10 and SRT owner. <hr /></blockquote>

I'm sorry if you got offended by some of the comments about the SRT/10. Please don't take anything said personally. I myself just can't stand the way the car looks. I feel like Dodge dropped the ball this time. And as a 3 time Viper owner, I feel like I have the right to say that. I can't wait till the Coupe Version comes out because I think it'll look great! That said, I would never bash you or any of my other friends here, for owning one. Everyone has an opinion and should be free to express it. You're just as welcome here as the next guy. But just remember that you may not always agree with what the next guy has to say. If we all thought alike then we wouldn't be thinking. Doesn't mean you're any less welcome. I'm glad you're happy with your new Viper and I bet everyone here feels the same way. Welcome to the pool... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/pano/panels/26-4825.png[/image]

#15 ·
ViperSRT said:

A proud RT/10 and SRT owner. <hr /></blockquote>

Just tell em to F.O. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

I like the SRT along with all others.

Stick around, we need mroe SRT guys.

#18 ·
I am ok with the new SRT. I think my biggest hang up is the "Viper" name. I think they should have left the name with the GenII body style, and named the new SRT something else.

But then again, 'vette folks said the same thing when their body style changed.

Lemme just say it this way, I'd like to have one in my garage. Anybody giving one away? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

#21 ·
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words.

I will tell you that in the 12 months since I put down the deposit on the SRT I have been reading/looking at every opportunity to convince myself that I like it. I was at Connor Ave Assy in mid-December and that was when it hit me. That same feeling that I had when I watched my RT/10 get built. Pure exhilaration. I am now waiting with bated breath (I know - take a breath mint) for a plant pick up scheduled for next Friday. Please do not snow!!!

There are some design cues that I am not totally comfortable with on the SRT. But the same is/was true of the RT/10. I will definitely miss the clamshell hood. I am not sure if I would change to one if it was offered but I know it would improve the front appearance. The body is almost made for it, similar to a 4th generation Corvette. Unlike the pictures above it would separate mid level on the side and not at the rocker panel interface. That would make it much easier to make, and lighter as well.

Thanks again for your encouraging words,
Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.