Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ran at the Supra Nationals yesterday. The day started off kind of slow with drizzel. It eventually cleared out and the track went hot around 1 pm. Our SRT Venom TT set a new record for quickest and fastest Viper SRT10 with a 9.68 @ 151.7 mph time on its first pass. We also had the low ET and high mph among the Vipers that were there. We also had the quickest and fastest 6-speed car at the event. Unfortunately we had problems with the clutch after the first run and were not able to improve on our first shake down run.

The event was very nice. Peter Blach always does a great job of promoting these events. Dr. Roof made the long drive from KY and ran strong during testing and eliminations.

Overall, the comraderie among the Viper and Supra racers was very good. I look forward to running at this event again next year.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Snake - we have used both the Centerforce and Mcleod setups and they both can hold over 1100 rw tq. We had about 25 passes on the Centerforce that is in the car and it would have been a good idea for us to put a fresh one in for this race. Oh well.

King - I will guess that Roof's best ET was 9.87 when he beat Jason Styles who ran his best ET of the day with a 9.82 - Roof got him at the light. It was a very exciting race.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Jerome said:
Looks like all your work on the SRT is paying off at the track John. :nod:

How soon before we see a "built" engined SRT TT hit the track?

:bowdown: :bowdown:
This Srt 10 is built. THat car is unreal quite! Just as all the TT set-ups.

Johns SRT-10 has had bad luck at the track. that car is fast and we need to be prepared for BG! I am sure there will be several 9.30-9.50 cars in BG.

HEFFNER
HMS
DLM
RSI
SVS

the big shoot-out is on it's way :nod:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roof you were fast as usual - it was great seeing you and your family at the track.

I would not say bad luck, just bad planning - we should have put a new clutch in the car. Or better yet we will put an auto in it.

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Roof you were fast as usual - it was great seeing you and your family at the track.

I would not say bad luck, just bad planning - we should have put a new clutch in the car. Or better yet we will put an auto in it.
what No "I kicked your ass you suck get outa my face" after the race smack /images/graemlins/laughing.gif I'm disapointed in you guys /images/graemlins/down :lolcry:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
OK here it is

I was the slowest, the car never got close to a 9 sec. run. The Best was a 10.07 I think but I still kicked there assssses. Everyone thanks for breaking down, having to run the faster Supras and jumping into the light.
With everyones bad luck we got second.

John had the car and the driver but broke and if not would have been there. John's SRT was fast and ran like it was on fire.

Now for my excuse

None

About Nitrous, still the power adder of choice. TT w/ Nitrous, S/C with Nitrous

Rohn

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lots of questions/comments:

1. Damn, to run a 9.68 (and set low viper e.t., high viper mph, and a new SRT record) on a shakedown run is impressive. Yo, Hennessey, put a fresh clutch in your SRT TT the night before Bowling Green and don't drive it until you get to the track so she'll be as fresh as possible! Your car has to have a 9.40 in it if you ran a 9.68 on a mild shakedown run. RSI and their 9.45 six-speed record won't hold for long!

2. Hey Hennessey, can you share more specifics on your shakedown run? Was the car spinning off the line, any short shifts, any other problems?

3. What happened to the RSI guys? Word had it that they had like two or three 1,200 hp cars. Didn't they have some sort of "kill all" 1,200 hp automatic car that was supposed to run 8's. What's the scoop on their times?

4. How many SRT-10s were racing at the Supra event? Surely this far along Hennessey couldn't be the only game in town running an SRT at the track. Si or No?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
and the "Nacho Man" advertisement was paid for by

Nacho Man
The automatic still has some bugs to work out, like the driver. At the track with paul driving it ran consistent 9.4's, not a 1200 hp car. The one 1200HP (1) car at the dyno will soon have the numbers. The same 1200 Viper ran down the track in Florida with Albert driving it to a 9.50 first time in the car.
I guess RSI in just over one year has produced plenty of killer Vipers so now every time out they are expected to do one better, give me a break. You think Test n tune, race to work out the bugs is only alloted to one tuner,think not.

Have a great day j

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Nacho Man said:
Lots of questions/comments:

1. Damn, to run a 9.68 (and set low viper e.t., high viper mph, and a new SRT record) on a shakedown run is impressive. Yo, Hennessey, put a fresh clutch in your SRT TT the night before Bowling Green and don't drive it until you get to the track so she'll be as fresh as possible! Your car has to have a 9.40 in it if you ran a 9.68 on a mild shakedown run. RSI and their 9.45 six-speed record won't hold for long!

3. What happened to the RSI guys? Word had it that they had like two or three 1,200 hp cars. Didn't they have some sort of "kill all" 1,200 hp automatic car that was supposed to run 8's. What's the scoop on their times?

4. How many SRT-10s were racing at the Supra event? Surely this far along Hennessey couldn't be the only game in town running an SRT at the track. Si or No?

?????????????????????????

RSI always shows up strong! Im not a customer I am a Racer with a good observation! They did make it to the Finals. Racing is crossing the finish line first not just an E.T.

Here is what needs to be realized. would you rather run a 9.30 and still loose the race? or would you rather run a 9.90 and win the race? Daddy always told me do not look good be good! I want to win the race!

the HMS car is awesome and is well respected but to discredit RSI??? come on!

·
Registered
34 Posts
JK Racer and Dr. Roof,

No, no...I wasn't trying to discredit RSI, I was just wondering what happened to their chariots. Word is that they made radical power at the dyno and I was just wondering what happened at the track. Major traction problems, parts failures, what? Everybody has good and bad days and deserves time to run test and tune...not fighting you on that one. Word was that the RSI cars had run mid 9s before and now had gobs more power thus crowd expectations were high. You mentioned that Paul had driven it to 9.4's already and then went on to say "The automatic still has some bugs to work out, like the driver." Q. Was he the guy who was driving it at the Supra race? What went wrong?

FYI: I'm not slamming anyone, just interested in the inside scoop.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Auto car had Converter Failure!

The Blower car that made 1200 RWHP has a fairly new driver that is getting better each time at the track. Soon we will see the car running mid 9's all day!

Everyone's ET's were slower due to Track and weather conditions.

Regardless I am sure RSI wanted to run faster.

Just like I did and I know that John did!

all the stars just didn't line up for anyone!

in Bowling Green you will see everyone run Strong Numbers!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts