Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems like SRT prices are dropping like MAD. You can easily pick one of these up now for low 70's even. WTF? is there something going on here? Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yea , there is a 03 red on ebay , and the guy says he will take 67,500 . The car will have less than 450 miles on it when you get it.Thats right 450 miles , what a fuckin deal.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I did not like the SRT 10 but after seeing the HMS TT car and others I began to like it, I found one and I absolutely love this car. everyday I like it more and more.

Price low you need to get one they are NICE!!!

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
Dr Roof said:
I did not like the SRT 10 but after seeing the HMS TT car and others I began to like it, I found one and I absolutely love this car. everyday I like it more and more.

Price low you need to get one they are NICE!!!
Hey Roof, feel free to buy me one with your spare change! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll buy one next year I think...kinda waiting on a coupe like everyone else.

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
I don't know that I would say they are "dropping like mad", as they seem to be about the same as previous Vipers comparatively speaking. Realize that the 2004 SRT-10 has a dealer cost of $74,675, including destination charges. The 2003 was less than that by $1000 or so. Invoice on a 2002 GTS was around $66,000 and they can be found for between $55K & $60K - and that is a body style that is an instant classic never to be seen again. The SRT-10 is not. The prices are more reasonable, but dropping like mad they ain't.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I picked mine up for under $70K delivered (an 03.) Signing paperwork on it today.

Manny

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
OK, so I have a question about taxes. I bought my GTS from Maryland, had it shipped to Florida, and then took delivery of it here in California some 4 months or so later. I didn't have to pay any sales tax on the car. I was told it was because the car was purchased out of state and not brought into California until more than 90 days later. Not sure if this is a law or not, so does anybody know?

Reason I ask is that if I buy a dealer car (which i am doing) here in California, I have to pay sales tax which will be over $5K. Now there is a car here in California as well which is $2K more than what the dealer is asking, but it is titled in another state right now. So if I can somehow buy that one and not pay the sales tax, it saves me $3K.

Anybody know the magical equation on what causes one to pay the sales tax vs. not, when registering the car?

-Manny

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Manny , I think the only way around this whole tax game is to pay cash and back date the Title. When I registered mine in Cali the DMV lady looked at the date of ownership on the title and didn't ask any questions.

Good Luck and Congrats on your SRT !! Your going to love the car..My day at Skip Barber made me an SRT believer /images/graemlins/yes

:cheers:

Jeff

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Heffner Performance said:
I think that when the new coupe hits the market you will really see some good deals on the current SRT's.
Does this mean you know for sure there is going to be a coupe released?!?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
By the time the coupe comes out, I will be ready to sell the SRT-10 anyway! About 3 years is what I keep my cars on the high end, because that is usually when new improvements start coming out on the car you own that you want -- 50 HP here, better this and that, etc.

Jeff, thanks -- I am eager to get it here. I have been so busy that I haven't had a minute to myself lately.

Manny

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wasn't trying to offend you..I apologize if I did..what I meant was I inquired about buying one last year and all the prices were AT LEAST in the 80's even through connections..You can pick them up for at dealer cost at some places. So dopping like mad may have been interpreted aggressively, but prices HAVE DEFINITELY DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY WITHOUT A DOUBT. Just look at many of the responses about the prices.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Manny, I wasn't referring to offending you..I was referring to offending Y2K3SRT..

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
How about this Norm, we go 50/50 on a SRT and share time..! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
weeztones said:
I think that when the new coupe hits the market you will really see some good deals on the current SRT's.
I just don't see how they could not make a coupe. Everyone wants one, you have to give the people what they want.

·
Mother Fucker
1,944 Posts
weeztones said:
I just don't see how they could not make a coupe. Everyone wants one, you have to give the people what they want.
:stupid: It better be faster and better than the current SRT10 too :nod:

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
Why do I have visions of a removable hard top for 2005/2006 instead of a coupe.

/images/graemlins/surrender :puke:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts