Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has the cockpit heat problems been fixed in the 03?

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
The car is FAR better than the preproduction test mules that were in the media fleet (the ones where you saw the eggs frying). They have large vents in both the front and rear of the bottom of the side sills with small air dams designed to pull air through them while you are moving. And here is the key: If you are just sitting there at idle you can feel the heat begin to build. Not obnoxious, but noticable. The good news is that the car seems to have a VERY efficient A/C system, so it is easy to keep it cold, not just cool, at idle. It is when the top is down and you are parked that you notice the heat. No hotter than my GTS was, but it can get warm. Oh, and the dead pedal is mounted right by the exhaust (probably by the pre-cat) and it gets pretty hot - almost like the mounting bolt is touching the exhaust. No bare feet!

·
Registered
408 Posts
From what I hear from owners I talked to NO! Saw my first SRT10 at Corvettes at Carlisle and the owner was trying to sell it and keeping his GTS. He said the heat was terrible. Interestingly enough it was parked next to a Z06 which had a bigger crowd around it. It seemed all the kids were attracted to the SRT10. Considering the event I am sure the crowd was biased...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts