Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...before you guys jump to conclusions, here is the breakdown. My buddy goes to school over at U of M, and every weekend he comes home on I-94. Because he's in that area he sees a lot of body cladded testing cars on his drives around the area.

So he pulls up on this car and he calls me up immediately. "Hey, you will not fucking believe this but I'm riding next to what looks like the new GTS!" He's a tuperware guy(vette driver) but he sure knows when he sees a viper.

He said it was incredibly wide, had some side pipes sticking out quite far from the rockers...few inches. Had a spoiler smaller than the competition coupe, and very deep vents behind the hood (and a split louver in the center of the hood). It looked much more production refined than the comp coupe in looks, but the body panels didn't all line up perfectly. And the car was caked with sensors on the exterior. It was bright viper red with NO cladding on it.

He said he paced it and finally the guy went off an exit ramp and gave it some go pedal....needless to say it sounded like a real pissed off v-10 and it had some get-up to it. Makes me think what dodge is thinking right now. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
useless without pictures

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Don't get your hopes up....One word..

Autoform..?

I thought I saw one too about 3 days ago in Clearwater FL. Turned out to be a SRT10 with an Autoform kit on it. Quite a few out there. They look bad ass with JUST the Autoform hardtop. Looks VERY VERY mean and changes the WHOLE outlook of the SRT10.

Gerald

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Gerald,

that autoform hardtop..where's a good pic. i ask b/c I saw one hardtop that looked awfull. ZLooked like a big bubble on the backside.

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
This is definitely not an Autoform Coupe. A Viper from Autoform doesn't fit the description above one i ota. No Autoform Viper would be rollin around with all that clandestine crap on the car. I seriously doubt anyone could confuse a test car with an SRT with a hardtop and some ground effects.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This car did not have that ZO6-esk small ass rear window....it had a long sweeping hatch window ala GTS Coupe. And for the price of an Autoform kit, I doubt they'd settle for a shitty fit on the body panels. That would be just poor engineering, something Autoform is not known for. He said you could tell the car was...as he put it..."unfinished". It was definately not in a completed form. And sensors were draped everywhere....even dangling from the wing.

And yes, I wish I had some pics, and was practically yelling at him on the phone to get some but he left his PDA that also takes digital pics at his apartment for the weekend. Obviously, I was very disappointed in him. lol. If I was him, I'd be rolling around with a digi cam non-stop in his area; he see's SO many cars that are prototypes or just released that it isn't even funny.

The Detroit area is definately where its happenin', thats for sure.

Last time I went out to visit him (week and a half ago), we saw GT40 and a nice new Murc not but 2 blocks from each other. UNFUCKING REAL! Gorgeous! Makes me want to pack my bags and change colleges.

·
Registered
791 Posts
i can tell ya i've heard thru the grapevine a GEN 4 is already being produced....supposed to make 600hp from what i've heard...

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Well, if that was truely a GenIII coupe.. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.