Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
AL CONTRAIRE said:
Sorry to disagree John, but the coupe IS coming out at VOI. SRT 10's will be a hard sell after the coupes are available.
What are you talking about? They're a hard sell now. :nod:

I hope you're right, if so, there'll be a nice 98 GTS for sale if the coupe is announced.
 

· Senior Slacker
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
Blue. And the SRT's will continue to sell just as the RT/10's continued to sell after the GTS came out. Oh, and expect to possibly be able to DRIVE an SRT-8 in Dallas, as more than a few are already built.
 

· Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
10,474 Posts
If dodge is coming to bring these cars to Viper owners its the wrong market. They are trying to appeal a $30-40K sedan with a so-so presitve to a market who puts $80K TOY in their garage.
 

· A Luxury Once Sampled...
Joined
·
17,790 Posts
I may get flamed but I saw a few 300C's on I-45 going to Houston a few weeks ago and I swear they looked a lot like a Bentley. There was one with an optional, custom or aftermarket grill That I swear was the spitting image. I like this car... :thumb:
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,357 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
the sackriding windbreakers will buy anything with a dodge logo on it. They're like trained seals.
This, from a person who has repeatedly referred to Volvos as "badass"?
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
10,500 Posts
New 300C= Sweeeeeeeeet! I got to ride in an SRT for the first time last night and it changed my mind about the SRT. I never hated the SRT, just didnt like it as much as the GEN I/II. I really like the interior and the seats are more comfortable. The looks have also grown me a lot. I hope Dodge builds a coupe version.
 

· Senior Slacker
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
As far as the 300C/SRT-8 goes, my guess is that they would like to have a few of these in the garages of Viper owners. Interestingly enough, I don't think that a lot of Viper owners are "Dodge groupies", even the windbreakers. Most seem to have AMG's, BMW's, Hummers, and Vettes in their fleets. Having a daily driver that looks good with over 400 HP and under $50K should appeal to a very broad market, Viper owners included.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
17,041 Posts
Y2K3SRT said:
Blue. And the SRT's will continue to sell just as the RT/10's continued to sell after the GTS came out. Oh, and expect to possibly be able to DRIVE an SRT-8 in Dallas, as more than a few are already built.
Don't agree on the valuation of the SRT's. They will go down with the introduction of the coupe. The people that will be most disappointed are the ones that bought a special yellow SRT at a premium price when DC comes out with yellow SRT's for the 2005 model year. Just the facts.

__________________
Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
 

· Senior Slacker
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
AL CONTRAIRE said:
Y2K3SRT said:
Blue. And the SRT's will continue to sell just as the RT/10's continued to sell after the GTS came out. Oh, and expect to possibly be able to DRIVE an SRT-8 in Dallas, as more than a few are already built.
Don't agree on the valuation of the SRT's. They will go down with the introduction of the coupe. The people that will be most disappointed are the ones that bought a special yellow SRT at a premium price when DC comes out with yellow SRT's for the 2005 model year. Just the facts.
The point wasn't the retained value of the used market, as they will indeed go down as did the RT/10's when the GTS came out. The point is that the new SRT's won't stop selling with the introduction of the coupe, thus my reply. The secondary market may also suffer from the influx of SRT's dumped in favor of the SRT Coupe.

I too feel sorry for people that paid a premium for those special yellow SRT's when DC releases yellow as a color (and three others). Craig's avatar will come to life. And imagine the outrage and disappointment when the Yellow Mamba is released in late '05. Sure am glad I buy cars I like at a price I am willing to pay. Makes it a lot easier to not worry about that crap. :thumb:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
Y2K3SRT said:
AL CONTRAIRE said:
Y2K3SRT said:
Blue. And the SRT's will continue to sell just as the RT/10's continued to sell after the GTS came out. Oh, and expect to possibly be able to DRIVE an SRT-8 in Dallas, as more than a few are already built.
Don't agree on the valuation of the SRT's. They will go down with the introduction of the coupe. The people that will be most disappointed are the ones that bought a special yellow SRT at a premium price when DC comes out with yellow SRT's for the 2005 model year. Just the facts.
The point wasn't the retained value of the used market, as they will indeed go down as did the RT/10's when the GTS came out. The point is that the new SRT's won't stop selling with the introduction of the coupe, thus my reply. The secondary market may also suffer from the influx of SRT's dumped in favor of the SRT Coupe.

I too feel sorry for people that paid a premium for those special yellow SRT's when DC releases yellow as a color (and three others). Craig's avatar will come to life. And imagine the outrage and disappointment when the Yellow Mamba is released in late '05. Sure am glad I buy cars I like at a price I am willing to pay. Makes it a lot easier to not worry about that crap. :thumb:

I agree with you. While I perfer the GTS over the RT/10 they seem to have sold quite well after the release of the GTS. I have a feeling the SRT will get hit bad when the new coupe is released. Probably not as bad as a C5 vette, but pretty bad. If they go low enough it may fore me to start seriously looking at one. What is your take on the side exhaust? Do you think they will ditch it for the new coupe or will the exit the rear like the GTS? I hope for the latter.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top