Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
15,286 Posts
PaulB said:
Since this is a Durango, Jerome may be right (although that would be a 1st) and Jegs or Summit may heve them.
Hey now! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Think about all it does. It just feeds a signal back saying all is ok downstream of the cat. If you get the correct one, proper number of wires and in the correct order it will just feed back what is should read with a properly functioning cat.

Just call up or e-mail the companies who make them and ask which one you need. Or call up Jegs or Summit.I have done it before for other cars.

The Durango is OBD2 and should have downstream O2's and will need sims. No biggie.

15,286 Posts
vipernathan said:
Is sims the offical word for the part(s) I need? I typed in sims at the Jegs site and got 310 results?!
Here is the list from Jegs.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=120328&prmenbr=361

I would check with them or the maker and see what they say for the correct ones.
Let them do the legwork and find the proper ones for your Durango. Then if it should be wrong the will have no problem giving you your money back or getting you the correct ones.

15,286 Posts
PaulB said:
Jerome said:
PaulB said:
Since this is a Durango, Jerome may be right (although that would be a 1st) and Jegs or Summit may heve them.
Hey now! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Think about all it does. It just feeds a signal back saying all is ok downstream of the cat. If you get the correct one, proper number of wires and in the correct order it will just feed back what is should read with a properly functioning cat.

Just call up or e-mail the companies who make them and ask which one you need. Or call up Jegs or Summit.I have done it before for other cars.

The Durango is OBD2 and should have downstream O2's and will need sims. No biggie.
I theory you're right. The signal is in milli-volts though and it has to be the exact right signal. I tried several before I found APEX's. None of the ones I tried worked and it was a hassle trying to get them too.
Paul I will call up and check to see which man. makes some for the Viper. Jegs will be my first call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.