Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about the srt-4.I was reading up on it and it is pretty quick.It does the 1/4 in 13.89 and 0-60 in a shade 5.4 .My question is,Why are they bothering to make a neon fast.Ya the new body style is cool but why dont they take those dumb 4 doors off and make it all wheel drive.if there going to make it fast they may as well go all out with the thing.Ohh and i dont think it should hold the SRT badge.I think the viper is only suitable for it ;).So guys give me your feed back on what you think of this new little pocket rocket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You are correct that they under rated the car for 2003 but they also upgraded the 2004 with a Quaffe Limited Slip Diff. and installed larger fuel injectors.

My 2003 has the Stage ! upgrade (larger Fuel Injectors and a more aggressive
PCM) and it flat hauls ass. The only problem with the car is that with the Stage 1 it really needs the LSD. Even in street driving you are lighting the tires up in the first 3 gears.

Not a Viper, but then again it costs 20K!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I want one, no joke. My C5 has to go back to the shop for the 5th time inside of one year and 15,000 miles. I'm sick of it. I've been looking for a yellow '04 for about a month. Jerome, post that write up! :thumb:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for pointing out your veiws on the awesome little SRT-4.I would love to own one of those cars.I want to see one in real life way to bad but i think you can only get them in the states.That's why i havnt seen one yet,i think.But i heard there is an awesome one in niagara falls,it's black.Do you guys ever think they will make a coup version of the srt-4???

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts
The SRT-4's are ok. They look really aggressive from the front but once you see it pass you and you notice its a 4 door then you shake your head in disbelief. Don't get me wrong, you could smoke most cars on the road with that car but I just think the styling needs to be all around more intimidating so that people fear it like its much bigger brother, the Dodge Viper.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Can't believe how many of these we have sold to Viper onwers ( fully half that have left the lot )and the rest seem to go to Chrysler Engineers. Trust me, the 2004 does have more HP ( if DC engineers don't know ,who does? ) and with the Quaiffe diff, and the BFG KD tires, hook up is a ton better. We are not jacking the price up and they are moving quickly. Fun, fast , little Road Runner for a new generation!!

Willie da P

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
Birvini said:
I want one, no joke. My C5 has to go back to the shop for the 5th time inside of one year and 15,000 miles. I'm sick of it. I've been looking for a yellow '04 for about a month. Jerome, post that write up! :thumb:
Sorry Tracy, I forgot all about this post.

I will put it up later for you though. :thumb:

Edit:

I would get rid of my VR4 for an SRT4 if I could find a nice Black one. And someone would just buy my damn VR4 first. :rolleyes:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
18,149 Posts
As per Autoweek 11/17/03

"SRT-4 sales screaming

When Dodge first envisioned building a performance version of its Neon subcompact, internal estimates suggested sales might reach 1000 per year.

By the time the vehicle hit the market earlier this year, that number had already been revised upward to 3000.

Now Dodge marketing chief David Kimball says the earlier projections need another adjustment, given the company is on track to sell 10,000 SRT-4's per year and will likely decide soon to boost annual production to 13,000 cars.

The SRT-4 will still be hard to come by, no doubt, considering the 2004 models horsepower increases by 15 to 230 hp and the car gets a limited-slip differential, all for the slightly higher base price of $20,995"

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I love hearing that they are producing as many as they can sell, means used ones will be cheaper /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
18,149 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
I love hearing that they are producing as many as they can sell, means used ones will be cheaper /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
The trick will be to find one not all riced out and beat to shit. Gay wings,stickers, and with neon lights. /images/graemlins/greddy.gif WTF did kind of drugs did their parents do? F'n kids today have no taste, just look at what they chase as far as women are concerned. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

1 - 20 of 32 Posts