Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,247 Posts
HOLLEEEEE SHEEEET!!

and thats from a Four Banger! Hmmm, Ya think we could repeat this feat for the Viper from the factory??

Jay K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,247 Posts
Thats a good point. Do they still use the same turbo (Garrett or Mitsubishi) or do they upgrade?

PBG, any idea?

Jay K.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,675 Posts
Here is all the info you wanted JGK95:


http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=191950


Now availible,

Part number: P5007864 (with turbo toys)
P4510338 (without turbo toys)
P4510339 (Stage 2 to Stage 3R upgrade kit)

Stage 3R (high octane fuel): 365ft-lbs @ 3200-4800rpm
355hp @ 5200rpm

Stage 3R (pump gas): 325ft-lbs @ 3200-4800rpm
310hp @ 5600rpm

(note: all ratings are with cat-back system P4510461)

Stage 3R Turbo upgrade kit components:
-Stage 3R PCM
-682 cc/min fuel injectors*
-3.0 bar MAP sensor*
-3.0 bar TIP sensor*
-block-off Connector for PCM
-Mopar TD05HR turbocharger assembly (with integrated exhaust manifold) and penta-flange exhause elbow
-demand-regulated fuel rail assembly
-180 lph fuel pump module
-fuel rail regulator hose kit
-exhaust manifold gasket
-exhaust flex joint gasket
-exhaust manifold bolts
-oil/water banjo fitting sealing washers
-oil return line gasket
-vacuume harness securing kit

*not included in the stage 2 to stage 3r UPGRADE KIT (p4510339)

Recommended Upgrades
-P4510647 Performance clutch
-P4510548 Blow-off valve conversion kit
-W speed rated tires
-P4510461 Cat-back exhaust system
-NGK #4306 spark plugs (or equivalent)

SPECIAL NOTE

P0633 Fault Code Explanation

It is normal for the Mopar Turbo Upgrade Kits to set the P0633 fault code. This code will not activate the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light), but it will be displayed during a diagnostic check. The vehicle functionality and/or performance will not be affected as a result of this code.

Fuel Line Pulsation Resonance Explination

It is normal for the Mopar Stage 3R Turbo Upgrade Kit to exhibit fuel line pulsation resonance at idle and low engine loads. This condition is charactorized by an audible "tapping" noise emanating from the fuel system, particularly in the area of the fuel line leading from the firewall to the inlet of the demand regulated fuel rail. This condition is normal and is generated by the fuel pressure regulation system at low injector pulse widths. Vehicle functionality and/or performance will not be affected as a result of this condition.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
634 Posts
BYBYC5 said:
Now, install the stage 3R upgrade with larger turbo components and watch that number go higher.

DN
It is the 3R system. It is a Mistu turbo. 104 octane fuel. I made several runs back to back and each run was within 1 hp/tq of each other.

DW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,471 Posts
I don't see the point in this. Gotta be pretty undrivable on the stock tires.

Dodge needs to make this thing AWD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,247 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
I don't see the point in this. Gotta be pretty undrivable on the stock tires.

Dodge needs to make this thing AWD
Now THAT Would be NICE!


Tanked,

Thank you for the Info :thumb:

Jay K.
 

·
Focus!
Joined
·
5,585 Posts
Then what the hell would it compete with? The EVO or WRX? If it loses its FWD, it loses that market share of an ~20K pocket-rocket. Any more features (like AWD) and the cost goes up, and then it's competing with cars that it certainly doesn't have the chassis/aero/brakes to hang with.

Dodge is in a pretty shitty Catch 22; keep boosting the power and you can't put it down out of corners or anywhere practical _or_ try to remedy the car with mechanical differences driving the price and itself up and out of the segment.

My suggestion? Cap the SRT/4's power where it's at and produce the Razor with the SRT/4 motor. That would be a freaking car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,471 Posts
Clint Sever said:
Then what the hell would it compete with? The EVO or WRX? If it loses its FWD, it loses that market share of an ~20K pocket-rocket. Any more features (like AWD) and the cost goes up, and then it's competing with cars that it certainly doesn't have the chassis/aero/brakes to hang with.

Dodge is in a pretty shitty Catch 22; keep boosting the power and you can't put it down out of corners or anywhere practical _or_ try to remedy the car with mechanical differences driving the price and itself up and out of the segment.

My suggestion? Cap the SRT/4's power where it's at and produce the Razor with the SRT/4 motor. That would be a freaking car.
I'm not suggesting make it AWD or nothing just offer it. People pay the $$ for STI's so if Dodge could undercut that price by a couple grand and offer something just as potent I see it having the potential to be a big success. They have a lot of room to play with seeing as how the price difference between the SRT-4 and STi is about 12-15K, surely the AWD out of the evo could be adapted at a very attractive cost. Gotta love synergies.

300+ h.p. and FWD is useless unless you are running slicks and going straight.

Plus the addition of this would give mopar another platform to compete in SCCA pro rally and maybe even WRC in my wildest wet dream...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
hell, putting down 250 to the front wheels is useless. I think they should make it an option for awd as well, that way the people that wanna pay the extra money for the traction can do so.

On a side note, has anyone seen the SRT-4 rally car? That's fwd....and just crazy.
 

·
Focus!
Joined
·
5,585 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
I'm not suggesting make it AWD or nothing just offer it. People pay the $$ for STI's so if Dodge could undercut that price by a couple grand and offer something just as potent I see it having the potential to be a big success. They have a lot of room to play with seeing as how the price difference between the SRT-4 and STi is about 12-15K, surely the AWD out of the evo could be adapted at a very attractive cost. Gotta love synergies.
It's a neat idea, but like I said, with an AWD Neon, you're bridging the segment gap pretty seriously. Also, the car would need a lot of chassis refinement so that it wouldn't push severely around a track. If Dodge could swing it though, it would be an interesting car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,471 Posts
Clint Sever said:
Craig201MPH said:
I'm not suggesting make it AWD or nothing just offer it. People pay the $$ for STI's so if Dodge could undercut that price by a couple grand and offer something just as potent I see it having the potential to be a big success. They have a lot of room to play with seeing as how the price difference between the SRT-4 and STi is about 12-15K, surely the AWD out of the evo could be adapted at a very attractive cost. Gotta love synergies.
It's a neat idea, but like I said, with an AWD Neon, you're bridging the segment gap pretty seriously. Also, the car would need a lot of chassis refinement so that it wouldn't push severely around a track. If Dodge could swing it though, it would be an interesting car.
well fuck you! /images/graemlins/toothy


I would love to talk to some DC engineering people about this to see what it would really take
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,675 Posts
The last rumor on the neon is that the next gen is going to be using the Lancer platform. So a AWD 2.4L turbo neon is possible. Also a 2.4L Evo 9 would be possible. My opinion is that Mitsu should keep the evo a 4-door to beatup on the Sti. Make the neon a 2door and punk slap a bunch of mustangs and gtos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,280 Posts
Too bad the thing isn't RWD. A friend of mine had one and did some work to it. It was damn close to hanging with my GTS at double digit speeds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,247 Posts
makara said:
Too bad the thing isn't RWD. A friend of mine had one and did some work to it. It was damn close to hanging with my GTS at double digit speeds.
You drive that bad??

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,675 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
yeah a 2-door neon, good thinking yey 3% of total sales!
A lot of people would love the option of a 2 door Sti or Evo. I for one would buy that over the 4-door...if I had the choice. Coupes are always better. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,471 Posts
what you completely fail to realize is that not enough people besides a small group want these cars and they are not cost effective to produce. This is why the F-body died. Hardcore group of enthusiasts but not enough people buying them. THat's why there is no more 2 door neon.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top