Premium Member
7,693 Posts
Re: SRT-10 v. \'02 Z06

Just think if SW was driving the car.... :idea:

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

damn, that Jrod is getting some wicked times out of his near stock Z. My father has a Z and we havent seen 11's yet.

·
Registered
249 Posts

hey norm...how u doin?
Hey, I'm doing awesome. Just getting back into the swing of things. How you doin? (Said like Joey Tribiani) haha

I'm trying to decide if I need an SRT-10. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i gotta tell you...i never liked the SRT-10...not in pics and not at the Auto Shows...BUT...i saw a Silver one out on the road the other day and it looked awesome! it actually looked like a Viper to me. and then that black one that was posted over at Z06 land is just beautiful...im starting to come around on these...

·
Registered
249 Posts

i gotta tell you...i never liked the SRT-10...not in pics and not at the Auto Shows...BUT...i saw a Silver one out on the road the other day and it looked awesome! it actually looked like a Viper to me. and then that black one that was posted over at Z06 land is just beautiful...im starting to come around on these...
Yeah, that one posted on the z board by Chris is one I have driven. I also drove Franks silver one. Neither were broken in when I drove them so I couldn't get a good feel for the power. They are both broken in now. :smooch:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

OK. The best Z06 driver in the World vs. a new owner of the SRT10. I can believe this being a close race. Honestly, though, the SRT10 has around 100 more RWHP peak, and more than that down low - with way more torque everywhere. With equally skilled drivers + seat time, it really shouldn't be a close race. I would guestimate around .5 - 1.0 seconds in the quarter. A 1 mile race being a LOT more.... Not real close IMHO. Not taking anything away from the Z06, as price DOES matter to me, and 'some' other Viper owners - believe it or not. It is, without a doubt, the best new car value in sports cars. Kick ass American muscle....

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts

I highly doubt the SRT-10 would trail at any point during a race with a Z06 Vette, I just can't see it happening.

·
Registered
276 Posts

OK let me get this straight . the gen 2 stock for stock embarrases the Z06. The gen 3 with 50 more ponies and a little better suspension runs neck and neck. Excuse me but my Bullshit detector has gone off. Get a life. The Z0g is a very nice daily driver but not close to a Srt or GenII for that matter in terms of acceleration. Fancy gears or not.I would bet most of our Gen 1 drive brothers would lay the smak down on that bowtie wearing candy ass. Maybe I am cranky from the cabin fever.
/images/graemlins/gasthrower.gif

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

DC:

I have both (Gen II and Z) and the GTS does not embarrass the Z by any means. Up to 100 mph they are neck and neck and after that the GTS steadily pulls away.

Sgt: it happened. even the SRT-10 owner admitted it. bottom line, the Z was driven by a guy who is a bad ass driver with tons of seat time in his car and the SRT-10 was driven by a "good" driver with little to no seat time in a brand new car. the driver is what made the difference. but really the SRT-10 is no different in terms of power as a GTS with smooth tubes, headers and full exhaust.

we all know the GTS and even moreso, the SRT-10 are faster than the Z. the point of this post was not to show that the Z is faster than the SRT-10, i just found it interesting to see how big of a difference the driver makes...

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts

/images/graemlins/greddy.gif

·
Registered
12,999 Posts

lawboy, dont get all disgruntled in justifying your post. it was just a little ambiguous, and it slowly turned into a which is fast thread.....

·
Registered
249 Posts

We can live on paper or we can live on the streets where anything goes and anything can happen. Its just an experience that Lawboy was sharing. Lets move on.

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts

/images/graemlins/supergay.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts