Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: SRT-10 v. \'02 Z06

i gotta tell you...i never liked the SRT-10...not in pics and not at the Auto Shows...BUT...i saw a Silver one out on the road the other day and it looked awesome! it actually looked like a Viper to me. and then that black one that was posted over at Z06 land is just beautiful...im starting to come around on these...

·
Registered
249 Posts

i gotta tell you...i never liked the SRT-10...not in pics and not at the Auto Shows...BUT...i saw a Silver one out on the road the other day and it looked awesome! it actually looked like a Viper to me. and then that black one that was posted over at Z06 land is just beautiful...im starting to come around on these...
Yeah, that one posted on the z board by Chris is one I have driven. I also drove Franks silver one. Neither were broken in when I drove them so I couldn't get a good feel for the power. They are both broken in now. :smooch:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

OK. The best Z06 driver in the World vs. a new owner of the SRT10. I can believe this being a close race. Honestly, though, the SRT10 has around 100 more RWHP peak, and more than that down low - with way more torque everywhere. With equally skilled drivers + seat time, it really shouldn't be a close race. I would guestimate around .5 - 1.0 seconds in the quarter. A 1 mile race being a LOT more.... Not real close IMHO. Not taking anything away from the Z06, as price DOES matter to me, and 'some' other Viper owners - believe it or not. It is, without a doubt, the best new car value in sports cars. Kick ass American muscle....

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts

I highly doubt the SRT-10 would trail at any point during a race with a Z06 Vette, I just can't see it happening.

·
Registered
276 Posts

OK let me get this straight . the gen 2 stock for stock embarrases the Z06. The gen 3 with 50 more ponies and a little better suspension runs neck and neck. Excuse me but my Bullshit detector has gone off. Get a life. The Z0g is a very nice daily driver but not close to a Srt or GenII for that matter in terms of acceleration. Fancy gears or not.I would bet most of our Gen 1 drive brothers would lay the smak down on that bowtie wearing candy ass. Maybe I am cranky from the cabin fever.
/images/graemlins/gasthrower.gif

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

DC:

I have both (Gen II and Z) and the GTS does not embarrass the Z by any means. Up to 100 mph they are neck and neck and after that the GTS steadily pulls away.

Sgt: it happened. even the SRT-10 owner admitted it. bottom line, the Z was driven by a guy who is a bad ass driver with tons of seat time in his car and the SRT-10 was driven by a "good" driver with little to no seat time in a brand new car. the driver is what made the difference. but really the SRT-10 is no different in terms of power as a GTS with smooth tubes, headers and full exhaust.

we all know the GTS and even moreso, the SRT-10 are faster than the Z. the point of this post was not to show that the Z is faster than the SRT-10, i just found it interesting to see how big of a difference the driver makes...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts