Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice site you guys have here. I recently purchased a 04 SRT-10 got rid of a Z06 and a C5 these cars have came a long way. I had a 97 GTS which was a nice car as well. Anyway back to my post topic my tach seems to really lag when I romp this beast is this normal? The tach needle doesn't seem to be smooth in the higher rpm ranges rather jumpy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :nod:

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
GroundFighter said:
Nice site you guys have here. I recently purchased a 04 SRT-10 got rid of a Z06 and a C5 these cars have came a long way. I had a 97 GTS which was a nice car as well. Anyway back to my post topic my tach seems to really lag when I romp this beast is this normal? The tach needle doesn't seem to be smooth in the higher rpm ranges rather jumpy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :nod:
I've seen tach lagging/jumping mentioned before, although no solid solution was given or found. Is your SRT an early 2003 build? If so, have you had the valve change yet?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
LS1 f-body owners have a problem with this as well....the only solution, stick an ugly aftermarket tach on your dash, or install a shiflight on the dash or inside(behind) one of the vents- set for a certain rpm.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
GroundFighter said:
04 SRT-10 Yikes what did was wrong with the 03's valves?
The hidden shift light sounds like a killer idea, thanks.
The first run of 03's had valves that needed to be re-milled as they were missing a facet and were down on power. DC sponsored the change, but it was a huge clusterfuck and caused a lot of controversy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.