Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is a repost...but i didnt see it on here...

the SRT-10 was recently tested by sport auto at "The Ring" and performed rather horrible IMO....

speeds compared to the castrated Euro Spec GTS

SRT-10 / GTS (411 PS)

Schwedenkreuz: 233 kmh / 223

Aremberg: 94 (1.1g) / 98 (1.1g)

Fuchsroehre: 217 / 218

Metzgesfeld: 147 / 184 (?!)

Bergwerk: 95 (1.25g) / 113 (1.3g)

Kesselchen: 220 / 212

Klostertal 1: 147 (0.95g) / 179 (1.2g)

Klostertal 2: 82 (1.05g) / 99 (1.3g)

Pflanzgarten: 177 / 171

Galgenkopf: 124 (1.1g) / 136 (1.1g)

Doettinger Hoehe: 263 / 252

Overall Lap time: 8:13 / 8:10

also to compare the SRT-10's cornering speed to the VW Golf 4motion...

SRT-10 / VW Golf 4Motion:

Aremberg: 94 / 92

Metzgesfeld: 147 / 171

Bergwerk: 95 / 90

Kesselchen: 220 / 212

Klostertal 1: 147 / 153

Klostertal 2: 82 / 84

Overall: 8:13 / 9:09

the car gets beat by the new C6...the old C5...ouch...either this driver is a tool...or Chrysler needs to spend some time at the track tuning the Viper's suspension...

· STALKED
4,470 Posts
If you've not driven the car, you shouldn't be posting that crap. The handling of the SRT-10 is far superior than the GTS - especially the Euro-spec GTS. The magazine writers are wonks.

Chrysler spends WAY more time at the track than Corvette does (for developing a street car). Have you ever seen the suspension and brakes on a Corvette? They are laughable and certainly not designed for racing.

You sure they weren't testing the TRUCK?

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey im a huge fan of the Viper...and hopefully some day will own one...if im lucky...i was just stating that it didnt perform so well...i was kinda dissappointed...

I also posted it here...because I know some guys dont look around on the morg...

· Registered
337 Posts
VIPERn94FIVE0 said:
sorry if this is a repost...but i didnt see it on here...

the SRT-10 was recently tested by sport auto at "The Ring" and performed rather horrible IMO....

speeds compared to the castrated Euro Spec GTS
Oh this is an easy one... Krauts can't drive Vipers. :rofl: :rofl:

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
Don't be. The SRT-10 is a track king and performs with the best of them. This, from someone who runs with them all year long.
i guess its just more tuned for the tracks here stateside...would be nice to see DC do some tuning over there though...the ring is regarded by many as a true test of a car's chassis

· Focus!
4,913 Posts
i guess its just more tuned for the tracks here stateside...would be nice to see DC do some tuning over there though...the ring is regarded by many as a true test of a car's chassis
Chuck's right. Besides, you can't tune a setup for "stateside" tracks. The SRT, middle-road styling and all, has the power, torque, brakes, and chassis to hang with some of the fastest cars in the world. I would be willing to bet that they had some ham-fisted hack in the car during testing.

· Registered
7,282 Posts
A "stock" (yeah right) Nissan GTR ran the first ever 7 minute lap time at the ring several years ago - a first that is for a production street car - and quite a feat for a car allegedly only making 280hp when a 580hp Lambo or 460hp Porsche TT can't get under 8 minutes.

I'm picking the SRT10 has a 7 minute lap time in it in the right hands and with the right settings. It has the brakes to out brake a GTR, it has the grip to out corner the GTR into and through the apex, it has the power to over-come the rwd handicap of the holeshot out of each turn he AWD GTR gets, and it has the chassis stiffness to remain stable. To cut a great time at the ring the suspension has to be extreme - it needs to be stiff in high speed turns like a track car, but very supple in the slower and nasty stuff - that's a tough combo and is what weeds out a lot of supercars.... and one reason why an Evo will beat some supercars around there.

If DC were to invest in getting a top driver and suspension tuner together - and recalibrating the SRT10 for the ring - they'd get world motoring press attention for the 7 minute lap that car will undoubtedly run. It would be money well spent if they want good export potential.

· Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well thats another thing im getting at....no matter how well the SRT handles, it still gets the old American bias about being able to only go fast in a straight line....if that thing went to the ring and ripped off an insane fast time....it would go along way in the euro's accepting the Viper...

Anthony

· Registered
1,293 Posts
VIPERn94FIVE0 said:
well thats another thing im getting at....no matter how well the SRT handles, it still gets the old American bias about being able to only go fast in a straight line....if that thing went to the ring and ripped off an insane fast time....it would go along way in the euro's accepting the Viper...

Anthony
Let me be the first to say, "Who give a F*** what Europe thinks"?

Typical American Ahole, yes I am.... /images/graemlins/badass

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.