Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unit gets between 12.1 and 13.1 mpg. Mine is well broken in (1st one delivered in Canada). Doesn't seem to matter how you drive it. 1/4 mile times are shit. This truck will never do a sub 14 sec. qtr., regardless of whose driving it. Do the math. 5000 lb truck, 500 ponies, just slightly stronger than a typical Pontiac Ram-Air daily driver. Where this really kicks ass is in the corners. I managed to give a modofied TT a run for its money on some very harsh and twisties this weekend.
Reason I joined. Does anyone have any idea where one can find engine mods that will give the beast the much needed extra ponies?

· Registered
27 Posts
LMS gtx:: Are you kidding or serious! You obviusly have not done ur homework on the truck or its times! I have posted 2 actually daily tarck logged official times here! Both are sub 13 second runs on bone stock ram srt 10 "bricks" as you call them HAHAHAHHHAH! My drags alone has already had two Srt 10 rams run, a 12.9 and a 12.7 pass! One had exhaust on it! Learn how to drive a stick, and when has 500 ponies been too "little" for a 4900lb, after a diet truck!!! get real man!
And if you need more horsepower, go get a Magnaflow full system 14HP gain and 25ftlb torqu, Go get a hennessey motorsports Air induction system, another 12 HP gain and 22ftlbs of tourqu! Go get a roe racing vec 2 chip, with proven dynoed gains of 61 HP and 105 ft lbs of tourque extra! Now youve spent a whole 1500$ and have gained apporx 90 horse, and over 150ftlbs tourque! Now your at 590HP, and almost 660 ftlbs of tourqu! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHA show me any other truck or car anywhere near that with only 1200-2000 grand put into it! And youll run mid twelves all day long my friend!
Or just go to hennesey and buy a twin turbo, and push 1100 horse and run 10.4s, Oh yeah, by the way, did you see henneseys srt 10 ram, already running 10.3 second quarter mile passes, Yeah that one is really a brick"!!! Or just get it blown by roe racing for 7grand! All the power youll need, as if it doesnt have enough already! AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, let me guess you like the lightning!!!! Everyone i know whos had both and taken a ride in my srt 10, say its not even comparable, every magazine seems to think srt 10 is magnificent as well!

· Registered
27 Posts
other parts you can pick up, taunua for aerodynamics! Get a roe racing flywheel, 2/3 lighter than the stock one, will spin twice as fast and faster getting going! Get a centerforce clutch, new slave off of a 02 viper and some custom parts for no slip! Or some headers from hennesey they will haev out soon!!

· Focus!
4,913 Posts
Dude, seriously - what the fuck is your problem? Replying to your own posts is not cool. This is not 'Nam. Put the keyboard away, man. They're callin' the cops man!

· Registered
27 Posts
What are you high, this is a message board! Someone asked where they could find parts! Me being someone who has asked in the past and never got a reply and found my own places to find parts, felt a urge to answer his question and help him out! Maybe these boards are so fking dead cause pricks like you harp on anyone who posts here! What the fk do you care what I am doing, are you that bored?? And when did i reply to my own posts!! A guy telling me to post less, coming for a jaccazz, who has posted here over 2 thousand times, LOL, thats the best part! hahahahahahah! its a board, we are supposed to post! You obviously have a few times, lighten up meatstick!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SRTMANIAC: DUDE! Nice langauage. Inany case. Her's the math, seeing as how you can't work it out yourself.
RAMAIR: 335 HP, 3600 lbs. = just under 10HP/100lbs
SRT10: 500 HP, 4950lbs. ( &hange) = just over 10hp/100lbs.
My research on the SRT10 has been done behind the friggin wheel of the vehicle asshole.
As far as learning how to drive a stick. MY 70' Hemi GTX does 12 sec qtr's all friggin day long. So I think I know how to handle a friggin stick.
Show me the bone stock SRT doing the 12 second qtr's and I'll show you someone screwing with the friggin data.

PS: Let's have a look at YOUR SRT doing the qtr in 12.9. You can look forward to a pic of mine rolling some smoke out from the arse end while I'm "learning" to drive a stick!

· RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
15,286 Posts
Is all the pissing and moaning over with yet? Some here need some Midol?

Dr Roof said:
PRVT JET said:
Didn't Tom welch or someone from the viper community run 12.7-12.8 in a stock srt-ram?
Indeed he did. THe Truck was not his but belonged to 9seconds steve Ulinger (SPelling?) it happenned in Bowling green on average prepped track.

· Registered
27 Posts
Here ya go lmstq~ Notice the numbers truck world ran with a pro driver running a bonme stock ram srt 10, looks to me like they ran a 12.9 at 106, not far off from two passses already recorded at my local drags with bone stock srt 10 rams!
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/naias2002/dodge/ramsrt10.html

Heres another one at the national registry ticketd times!
http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm

Notice the ram srt 10 recorded time on this track, 13.016 flat on a bone stock vehicle! Id say that is pretty impressive! And a bit better than the so called times posted on here! Get real, SRT ram is nastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, and not even comparable to ligthning! Would you let ur girl drive the srt, NO, would u let her the lightning , yes, which can she handle, lightning!etc! and so on!

13.017 @ 107 mph, niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And for the record, my srt 10 now has a magnaflow 3 inch cat back on it, a hennesey motorsports air intake and a vec2 performance ship from roe racing! Ill run mid to low twleves all day long as well my friend! And as for the hennesey numbers, their wrong im guessing, or they couldnt hook that much power up on street tires (it even specifies on street) throw slicks on that with all that power and that motor upgrade will run 11s, ask hennesey yourself, his email is on the sight!

· RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
15,286 Posts
srtmaniac said:
and just for the record, power to weight ratios arent everything in how fast your car or truck is!
I gave up on reading your drivel but will say this to your comment above,

First, no shit there Joe "srtmaniac" Amato :rolleyes:

Second, some of us here have trips down the dragstrip that number in the 1,000's so don't try to teach us, you will just show how little you really know.

· Registered
10 Posts
Why don't you check us out at ViperSpeed, we are a subsidiary of Bobby Archer Motorsports, and we're currently working on an SRT-10 project for the award winning custom bike builder Jesse Rooke. You know, tricked paint and wheels, lowered, blower, etc......
We can be contacted thru our website at www.ViperSpeed.com, my name is JC Smith and I would be happy to help you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.