Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it has been covered about a million times , but if some or one of the guys can give me a good write up on the srt-10. Like performance , comfort , the looks , etc.that would be great. I love the gen 1 and 2 , but I want to be able to have a little more comfort.I am also a speed freak , so some real quarter mile times would be great , not to sure on the professional drivers in the rags.

p.s any info on the 05 viper srt-10 would be great , there seems to be not one leak of info. anywhere. :nod:

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
I drove a 04 SRT/10 for an entire Saturday. Dunno if you want any individual opinions but here it is:

Exterior - Subjective. It's tough to follow up a 10 (Gen I & II) with another 10, but the SRT/10 doesn't look bad. It isn't as stunning as our originals but it's a damn sharp car.

Interior - Very sharp. The blatant in-your-face tach is a subtle snub at speed limits unfortunately it is off-set by a for-all-you-candyass-pussies cupholder. Seats are tight in the ass for a wide-body 260 pounder like me. So much so that something would have to be done and no, losing weight isn't an option, not for me anyway.

Performance - no question, the SRT/10 rocks! I haven't driven every car on the road but I can't imagine much touching a SRT/10 for less than 150K. I took a sweeping on-ramp at 90 mph like it was nothing. Gawd, the car handles. My GTS could have made the same turn but I would've been hanging on with white knuckles.

Rob Kincart takes his 04 bone stocker to the dragstrip lots. His times are consistantly faster than my bone stock 98 RT/10. Thankfully he broke into the 11 second class during the V10 Nats in Feburary at Bradenton or my 12.05 wouldn't have taken him.

In summary the SRT/10 kicks major ass!!! I want one but for the track first, CC or coupe. As awesome as the SRT/10 is, nothing "styles" like my old RT/10.

·
Senior Slacker
2,155 Posts
I don't think that I can add anything to what Chuck has already said. I would say that as far as "comfort" that the seats in the Gen I/II are actually more comfortable, in that they have more padding. I prefer the SRT seats simply because they hold me in place on tight turns, etc. Likewise, I think the Gen III actually rides a little rougher due to a different suspension. Softened the looks and hardened the ride...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts