Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brought to you by Autoweek mag and your good buddy [image]http://www.viperalley.com/attach/data/1/423366-tooth_272.jpg[/image] Spray............The Z06 will have a removable hardtop and the Supra will be a 2006 or 2007 model with a 500hp V-10 and will sell for 100K + , the Ferrari is just more of the same......

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Re: Spy photos of the new C6 Z06, Supra and F43 Spider....

humm...anyone notice most "supercars" are doing what the viper already did. Come from the factory with "500hp". Copy cats. I hope the next "ACR" or whatever they call it will have 600-650. Oh a boy can dream.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts

the vette looks like they took an SRT and made it even uglier.

the ferrari (yawn) :sleeping:

the supra; Id Buy it!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts

it's a c6, but i don't think it's the z06, those were hard tops...the coupes had the sloping back window.

the ferrari looks nice...

the poopra looks like ass. also is that a dinner tray wing on the back? wonder if they stole it from luby's...

·
Registered
523 Posts

It is the Z06, I was in it last week. The rear window is correct, just like the current C6. The fenders flare out way more than it appears in the photo and they have big tires, not Viper big. The wheels are blacked out but they look really good too. The engine and lightweight will equal fast.

All in all unreal but they'll make 20K of them a year and make them boring.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts

95Viper said:
It is the Z06, I was in it last week. The rear window is correct, just like the current C6. The fenders flare out way more than it appears in the photo and they have big tires, not Viper big. The wheels are blacked out but they look really good too. The engine and lightweight will equal fast.

All in all unreal but they'll make 20K of them a year and make them boring.
any idea why they didnt go with a shorter roofline? it's one of the things i actually liked about the current z06's.... :nod:

·
Banned
2,657 Posts

Supra looks :thumb:

ZO6 humm can't tell what it'll look like but should be good.

F430 to quote Toby "Pure sex on wheels." :yotony:

·
Registered
97 Posts

A friend of mine is still working at GM's Proving Grounds in MI. He's driving the new Z06s all the time. He says one had such lightwieght suspension materials something up front broke loose DNFing the car temporarily while engineers went back to the drawing board.

He opts for the hi-po cars all the time. I used to hate them. If you get them loaded down with 450# (150# passenger seat and 300# or more in the trunk/rear hatch area) of ballast and start driving over rough on-site test roads, and the sportcar fun side of it is looooong gone.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Tanked said:
humm...anyone notice most "supercars" are doing what the viper already did. Come from the factory with "500hp". Copy cats. I hope the next "ACR" or whatever they call it will have 600-650. Oh a boy can dream.
I talked to one of my friends who does engine design and spec work for the viper motors. They said the most they are able to get out of the current gen3 motor is about 560rwhp and still be emissions legal, which is around 600 hp.

Expect a minor engine change in 2006 around 20-30 HP (probably with the coupe) and a significant change in 2008.

They did a build a viper v10 hemi motor, but it was to long for the current chasis of the car. Those are some big cylinder heads.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts

I don't know why DC doesn't put on HF cats and a good exhust system. It would help. Maybe they are slaves to the bean counters?

·
Registered
4,697 Posts

Emmissions and noise pollution my friend.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts

slithrn said:
Tanked said:
I talked to one of my friends who does engine design and spec work for the viper motors. They said the most they are able to get out of the current gen3 motor is about 560rwhp and still be emissions legal, which is around 600 hp.

Expect a minor engine change in 2006 around 20-30 HP (probably with the coupe) and a significant change in 2008.

They did a build a viper v10 hemi motor, but it was to long for the current chasis of the car. Those are some big cylinder heads.
560 rwhp is closer to 650 at the crank. That would be NIIIICE!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

J DAWG said:
didn't realize the Supra was making a comeback in the states. lotta dough for not much go.
It is not!! I just sat through a class on this subject all day today. The fastet production Toyota now is the all new Toyota X-Runner 245hp 6-spd access cab pickup truck. It really look good but this instead of a new Supra /images/graemlins/sad But it is a fact I drove it today.
Chad (your local resident Toyota whore. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif )

·
Registered
739 Posts

slithrn said:
Tanked said:

Interesting information, thanks! :thumb: 650hp would be a great number!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.