Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone attempted or successfully removed an autoform spoiler? If so, any invaluable tips? This is for that day when I do remove it, I'm not sure yet if I will. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Norm , the Autoform rear spolier is rated up to 160 MPH..So take that yellow beast of yours up to about 180 MPH and VOILA ..Your Rear spoiler is removed.

I bet you never thought it would be so easy /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

:cheers:

Jeff

·
Registered
791 Posts
nah!!!...prob 183 otta do it!!!....c'mon!!!!!..skeered????

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
funny thing is, I went 180 before I realized the mph rating. Scared shitless after I found that out.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Makaha said:
has anyone attempted or successfully removed an autoform spoiler? If so, any invaluable tips? This is for that day when I do remove it, I'm not sure yet if I will. Thanks guys
why?? have we not already discussed how badass this makes an RT look? :nod:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I was told my Mopar wing is only rated at 165 MPH as well. I've hit that mark with the wing on. I have the same wing on by SVS 94 Viper which should hit 200 MPH, so I am curious just how accurate those ratings are and whether or not they will actually damage the trunk lid by going 30 MPH over their rated limit. Anybody know? I don't plan on every doing 200 MPH in that car (front splitter would probably keep it from going that fast anyway) but 180 MPH would be nothing for me to do one of these nights.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
superbar said:
I was told my Mopar wing is only rated at 165 MPH as well. I've hit that mark with the wing on. I have the same wing on by SVS 94 Viper which should hit 200 MPH, so I am curious just how accurate those ratings are and whether or not they will actually damage the trunk lid by going 30 MPH over their rated limit. Anybody know? I don't plan on every doing 200 MPH in that car (front splitter would probably keep it from going that fast anyway) but 180 MPH would be nothing for me to do one of these nights.
i'll be a pussy and just say this much, i have been up to 170 personally, and although the car felt stable, i did not have the guts to go any faster. 200mph is just crazy, if the smallest little thing should happen, (tire blow out, dead dog in the road, etc..etc...) you're going to be taking a dirt nap, and that just scares the heck out of me.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Personally I don't think anybody should be driving over 150MPH in an Uncontrolled Environment..There's just to many variables.

Thats why runs like the Silver State Classic are so awesome ! :thumb:

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
I wouldn't sweat the spoilers mph "rating"...There is no doubt that a "safety factor" is built into that rating, and I have never had a problem...and have had mine on for quite a while, and several high speed passes...

How many times do you actually exceed 165 mph annually??? Myself, maybe three...the least of your worries at that speed is your spoiler...Just be thankful for the extra 400 lbs of downforce...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.