Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) When I post in the kitchen, I post the link to the gallery. I see other people get all the pictures to come right up. Is that because they have uploaded every picture to their member gallery? Is there some code to just get the pics just to show up from another site without uploading?

2) How do you post a link and have the 'hot link' say something other than the address itself. Like someone will post "CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO" instead of just the address.

Also, why is it called the Soup Kitchen? I've always wondered that!

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Ha. I can help you out with the “soup” part. A long time ago, over at m.org, there was a member (who, btw, is a member here) who ran an adult movie company. He would give out free product to other members. “Soup” was a code name for the adult movies. So if you wanted some, you requested soup. Eventually the m.org admin figured it out and told him to stop. As things went on, the Seinfeld Soup Nazi episode was tied in. “No soup for you.” Then, over here “Soup Kitchen”. In a nutshell.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
You should have the pics hosted somewhere. Sites don't like you hotlinking them. Then use:

(img)http://www.address.jpg(/img)

But [] instead of ().

This is one of my pictures that is hosted here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.