Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
15,286 Posts
Under boost is where they would make the biggest difference. Any time you have air change direction it will cause a restriction. The 90 is one big one.

I have seen 90's glow red hot in an exhaust system on headers, and they were much further downstream then the smooth bends that were not red. The reason, one big restriction. Now this won't heat up, it just will cause a "flow jamb".

Long smooth tapers is what you want and need. That is a great set-up except for that.

I will look for my old physics books and double check this. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

· RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
15,286 Posts
MYDRMKR said:
Well.... I do not have my old physics book to reference.... and I may be wrong... but once you build up the "compression" of the intake system............?
True but it has to change directions and that sharp bend is not good. Same reason why you want straight shots into the intake ports and into the combustion chamber. But that is also about fuel fallout and such...

I will have to dig up a book, might take me time to find it though. All my stuff is still packed from moving, and I am still not done with it. :doh:

Maybe someone else could chime in on this with some hard facts? :nod:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.