Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently made a few changes to our standard twin turbo system and were able to get it on the dyno yesterday. Needless to say we are fairly pleased with the power that the car makes. This was done with a 488 cubic inch engine with Ross pistons, ported stock heads, an AEM engine management system and our twin turbo system. This run was done with race gas. This conversion was done in just about eight weeks. There will be more to come in the future with this car but this is all I can say for now. Until the you'll just have to drool over these.
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/1948tt-med.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/1948tt2.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Congrats Jason - great to see that car on the dyno that is one helluva power curve

ok blower guys who keep telling us SC are quicker than turbos - come and do a 4th gear roll on against this one from any speed in 4th or 5th to the redline.... if you don't concede defeat now - you just do not know when to quit -

but the next upgrade should probably convince you... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

not talking 1/4 mile here - that comes down to setup, traction and driving - talking about a roll on from 100mph up - overlay blower power curves and weep.

I enjoyed saying that :rofl: it's all in good fun

Jason - in the 1st 3-4 gears - that car is going to be loose as a goose :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Congrats with the numbers but could you and Roof have to much power for the 1/4 mile. Once you get past the 900RWHP-950RWHP is the rest just for show or is it needed for a 1/4 mile race. I know that the big boys have RWHP into the multi thousands of RWHP but the Viper set up is a different story. Do you have a better chance with an auto trans vs a 6 speed with all the HP?

John with his red SRT in San Antonio was having a hard time with all the HP and traction. What is the secrete to putting 1000+ RWHP to use on the track without wild wheel spin throughout all the gears?

The Unlimited class gets better everyday.

Rohn

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
AWESOME NUMBERS!!

Jason,

I'll trade pic-posting skills for a ride in any of the TT Beasts anyday!

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
slapphappy said:
500 ft-lbs of torque at 3000 RPM. Holy Mary Mother of God. 4th gear roll on would be like riding in the space shuttle.

That's incredible /images/graemlins/shocked
Yip - passing 800ft/lb by 3500rpm and 1000lb ft 200rpm later - can you say "wheelspin at 100mph" on the fattest road radial tires? :nod:

Rohn - if anyone has the answers to those questions - you can be sure they'll want to demonstrate them to you personally before they'll wish to explain it via an instruction manual and a picture book /images/graemlins/laughing.gif :rofl:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.