Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I would feel this way towards a car, but my beloved Hemi Viper has been sold to a gentlemen in Wisconsin who plans on racing her at Road America and other midwestern tracks. The car was "redone" about 2 years ago and since then I am lucky if I put 5000 miles on the clock. Awesome car, dynoed at over 800 hp. My friends who put this monster together were shocked that I sold it but want to do another Viper only this time they want to drop a 572 in my next car. Anyways, I am looking to buy another Viper. Would like an early RT/10 but I would consider any Viper except the SRT. If anybody knows somebody who is selling one let me know, I am looking to buy ASAP! I may go see John Gastman at Roanoke Motors in Illinois I hear they have a wide assortment of Vipers and know their shit about these cars. I need a Viper, I feel naked. By the way, I got $59,000 for it! :thumb:

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Someone got a great car!

The 572 will work - that is the combo I want to run sometime. I presume you'll build an Indy 572 Hemi via Barton? I like the wedge, but the Hemi has the image no doubt about it .

I like Indy Heads - I know Russ and Jim that own the company - good guys. They helped me when I did the 494 combo for a customer/client - it was a world first combo (helped by the fact their castings were fairly new.... /images/graemlins/laughing.gif) and the car went on to run 6.6 @ 212mph in Pro Mod with 440-1 castings believe it or not. The only other Indy combo that could run quicker back then was Sean Hyland who ran a different engine combo but same heads in Top Alcohol and he was then running 5.6-5.8's @ 248mph and over 1000lbs lighter than us.

The Hemi heads will outflow the 440-1, but we wanted to be different, and the B1 heads were having problems back then.

We actually got Sean Hyland out to NZ to tune the 494 - that was how we reset the national records. No point in designing a great combo and blueprint specs unless you have an equally good tune. The entire engine was built by a backyard wrench and the owner (a novice) - but they had all the parts and specs they needed to work off and they did a great job. Since then the car owner went on to do his own wrenching alone - completely self-taught.

Keep us informed of your project - I'm interested! :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.