Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told today that this car was sold. Is this True?

Why would someone speak so highly of the car that is a so powerful. THis car has had my respect since it started. Im just wondering why the owner would sale just one day before he was talking about attending the big race?

DOes anyone know why this car was suddenly sold????

Just wondering

·
Registered
19,175 Posts
? /images/graemlins/headscratch :idea: At least his car did not beat Tom,(BTR) , then we would have real trouble.

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Craig201MPH said:
what happened?
From what I gather, he showed up at the track then sold the car to another guy to run a number.. Oh, and I think per the V-10 nats rule you have to own the car to drive it or you have to register the co-driver beforehand (I think).

Point is, he sold the car to circumvent the rules.. Or he pseudo-sold the car so someone else would drive it, then will take back posession of the car after the meet.

Why don't you go run it yourself; if you can't hack it then find someone else to drive it outside of a competitive and controlled environment.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
If this happened...as it seems to have been described here...... that is not selling the car...
It should not have been allowed since there was no true intent for the car to change ownership.
As Viper Spray stated.... good thing this travesty did not result in the Street Tire Shootout.... that would have been very bade.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have no respect for people who don't drive their own cars. That's always been a pet peeve of mine. Run what ya brung! PERIOD!

·
18,149 Posts
SRT Dream said:
I have no respect for people who don't drive their own cars. That's always been a pet peeve of mine. Run what ya brung! PERIOD!
Until you actually try to drive a beast like these cars are you have no clue as to what is involved. That is why some people choose not to drive their own.

That was not a dig against you, just a comment in general.

Anyone can go down the strip, but few can make the best of it.

Those who can drive do it. Those who can't get AWD. Wanna buy my VR4? I don't need it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jerome said:
SRT Dream said:
Until you actually try to drive a beast like these cars are you have no clue as to what is involved. That is why some people choose not to drive their own.

Those who can drive do it. Those who can't get AWD. Wanna buy my VR4? I don't need it.
Point across. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
As soon as BlownGTS clears his name of the so called "false dyno numbers" he gets hit with something else from this board. I thought it was kind of a witty idea from him. No one thought of it....so let him take advantage of this loop hole till the next outting when the rules are changed.

BlownGTS' car has been cooped up in the garage for quite some time. He just recently had a post of how he took it out once after the long hiatus, and this being like only the 2nd or 3rd time he's actually driven the car with this kinda power and he was just astounded.

So there is no way he's gonna be competitive in this competition by driving his own car. In fact i'd rather someone else drive it at the competition as not to have any mishaps that may delay the day's events and cost him a lot of money replacing a car. Plus, why not let a competitive viper run? It will only advance the race for power in the viper community.

I probably would have driven my own car, as I trust no one else with my stuff. But, in his case if he knows the guy enough...let him do it. BUT, of course, more respect goes out the the guy that DRIVES HIS OWN CAR.

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
SRT Dream said:
WTF are you taking about?

signed,

Roger Penske

·
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
what were BLOWNGTS's MPH? he states his car had 900 RWHP, that should be 149 or so MPH.

E.T. has nothing to do with it. I think at the dyno he layed down 760 RWHP TQ
I could be totally wrong thought, but I think that is what I heard.

G

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
9's are awesome!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Jerome said:
SRT Dream said:

then why buy a car, modify it to the point one does not feel comfortable driving it and then take it to the track????.....whatever.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
what were BLOWGTS's MPH?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts