Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told just a little over 600 hp at the flywheel not rear wheel, but regardless what is the next step in upgrading the system?

Can the stock pump push larger injectors??? I think some 36 or 37 sidefed are available from Mike Adams. How much would this support?

Or is it best to put in a Walbro? Will the pump flow anymore out of the stock injectors? It seems once they are maxed out in pulsewidth a new pump wouldn't help.....would it?

I am putting a little spray to the car and my base rwhp is 525 or a little over 600 at the flywheel. I want to be sure I have enough fuel to support up to a 150 shot.

John

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
john, you and i have had similar setups from the start. i have SO FAR had no problem with the stock fuel system and the heads/cam/nitrous setup (150 shot). i am however looking to do a proper upgrade; either separate (for the nitrous) or a solid fuel system upgrade capable of handling more HP

· Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear from you MOJO. I plan to start with a small shot and monitor a/f as I work up to 150....if my car makes it.

Spray - are the injectors sidefed? Sent you a pm.

John

· Banned
10,158 Posts
you may want to talk to asasn on here. i think thats him name. he's new here but long time on the vca board. he is selling a proper fuel system to hadle big power. he was going to use it on a roe 10pound blower kit he decided to sell no. if i remember correctly the kit is totally boxed brand new for hundreds less than he paid. it is always safe to have the insurance with the fuel system being able for sure to handle than be taxing that v10 when you hit the buttom. if you are bumpin over 500 to the wheels now and you plan on hittning another 150 o so you should be close to the borderline. are you a gambling man. keep close eye on the airfuel, and dont be an impatient fuck that cant wait to feel the nos before dyno testing, risking blowing your motor. -v10

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
john, in my case, i dont think the fuel system was as much an issue as the injectors. on dyno and just starting out with the nitrous (150 shot) i was about 670-685rwhp and after tuning and nitrous jetting, better nitrous setup, increase probably about 700rwhp. never had an AF issue, as it was always where it needed to be, thankfully. what i did have issues with was the injectors dying out so to speak at about 5500-6000rpm. tweaked it with the vec2 and put the bandaid on it. bottom line im sure i should get an upgraded complete fuel system yesterday. i did the MSD fuel voltage booster but havent yet determined if its worth anything.

as of right now everything is being redone AGAIN and i dont think that 9.90s in the 1320 will be nothing but easy when all is said and done come bradenton/images/graemlins/drive

let me know how everything goes with your endevors, we all learn from each other.

· Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rich, thanx for the info. I agree, the MSD booster hasn't made any difference for me either, but I think it only will make a difference if pressure was low to begin with. So if one is not seeing a drop in fuel psi than the MSD is a moot point. Wish I knew that prior to buying and installing the thing.

Earlier today I actually put my VEC2 back on and slowly pulled a little fuel out up top since my a/f was 11.0:1 above 3500 rpms and the car ran fine and my a/f went up to 11.7 to 11.8. I am cautiously optimistic that the thing may work this go around.

BTW - what do most tune their a/f with nawz? low 11's???

John

ps - MOJO I hope you hit the 9.90's in FL, cuz I certainly don't want to have to line up next to you with my wimpy little shot. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

· Registered
858 Posts
J Dawg:

There are two very different issues you must contend with. If you are not using a fuel solenoid for enrichment, your injectors are static (close to full open) at your stated hp. You are going to have a difficult time tuning from this point on.

The second issue is the fuel supply. You have a long way to go before you run out of volume. If need be, the 255 pump will get you some more volume before having to change the complete system.

· Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx Jack. I am using a fuel solenoid taping off the rail. Gonna try and hold myself to a 150 shot.

Are you taking out any timing with the VEC2 on the nos cars you have worked with?

What plugs are good ones to use?

John

· Registered
858 Posts
J Dawg:

For some reason our V10's don't follow the normal nitous rules about pulling timing. An example is Tom Welch's car. He is still using the oem timing and is there anyone running better with that type of longivity. I tried pulling a few degree's out and the power drops off dramatically.

As far as plugs, there are two issues. The extended tip is a problem with nitrous. If you want a good all around plug the the NGK FR5-1 is the same heat range as oem, however, it is not extended tip. There are several choices for colder plugs, two of the most common (one range colder) are the Bosch FR8DC and the Autolite 3923.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.