Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need snow tires for this truck. northeast ohio isnt exactly bradenton florida ya know. any options or am i simply SOL?

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
you have 4x4's for snow.. why would you want to take your nightrunner out for snow abuse? Some nitwit will end up sliding into you

·
Suspended by order of Blacksnake99
9,913 Posts
Can't help you in this area. I don't even take mine out in the rain. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderater
8,784 Posts
GL, crap, mine is hard to drive in the rain! Careful not to scratch those black rims. Might want to consider a set of take offs from another dodge PU. Not sure if that will work but I would look into it if you are going to be driving in the snow!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't believe anyone would buy one of these with the idea that they are going to drive it in the winter, WTF.......

I think you bought the wrong vehicle, really I do. Like said earlier mine doesn't even see rain

I am sure that 22" snow tires are going to be real easy to find :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pick up some new or used 20" wheels, like the ones used for our spares. Make sure you get the bolt spacing right. If you can, do all 4.

You can find 20" snow tires out there. Kinda pricey, but....better than the stock Pirelli's. Get the same size as our spare (P275/55-20).

It won't look all that hot, but they'll work better than stock in the snow...and thankfully it's not year-round. :)

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
In case nobody noticed, its a truck. Its a normal dodge ram that stuck a Viper engine in. Get over yourselves. Don't drive it in the rain? Cut me a break. Is the itty bitty ram gonna get hurt in the big bad water? Vehicles are meant to be driven. That is why they make them.

Reactions: Roadkill

·
Bitches be crazy!
329 Posts
The stock tires are actually pretty decent in snow, IF you put 100# over the rear axle and fill the gas tank. I drove down to Indy 2/13 in a freakin' blizzard! The airports were essentially closed, so I had no choice.

·
Suspended by order of Blacksnake99
9,913 Posts
In case nobody noticed, its a truck. Its a normal dodge ram that stuck a Viper engine in. Get over yourselves. Don't drive it in the rain? Cut me a break. Is the itty bitty ram gonna get hurt in the big bad water? Vehicles are meant to be driven. That is why they make them.
Have you driven one in the rain?? Traction is non-existent when the roads are wet. ;)

The truck is not my daily driver and sits in my garage most of the time anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderater
8,784 Posts
The truck can be a daily driver, like mine, but it depends on where you live. We only get about 3 or 4 snow days a year.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i collect pictures i drive vehicles. my viper has over 40k on it and in excellent condit. drive rain or shine and race. i agree with above, its a truck, period. as for rain, no problem at all, in fact until recent blizzard even snow easy driving. guess im used to driving in bad weather though living here in shithio

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well said.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts