Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Paint and Body Mods, added NACA, Louvers and Mopar Wing...

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/294Dsc01309b-med.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/294Dsc01329b-med.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/294Dsc01333b-med.jpg[/image]

Finally...What Vette Drivers see the most...

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/294Dsc01326b-med.jpg[/image]

· Registered
3,847 Posts
Re: SnakeBitten Here are Some New Pics of My Sanke...

The NACA duct looks awesome with that style stripe. Beautiful car!

· Registered
2,097 Posts

Very clean Viper
A clean Viper looks great new or older. Its hard to find other non viper owners that take care of their cars the way a Viper owner does.

· Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the comps on the car everyone.

Mark,

The '96 RT's are different from the '92-'95 RT's as they have the GTS aluminum suspension and the GTS hood. The NACA Duct and Louvers have the mounting positions already there, all that has to be done is to cut the hood to fit the factory parts and they just drop in and bolt right up.

The earlier year cars I understand require a bit more work as you have to build up the mounting areas for the duct and louvers underneath. Chuck Tator has done a few and he tells me it's the most fun he has ever had! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

· Premium Member
5,177 Posts

tiepilot said:
Thanks for the comps on the car everyone.

Mark,

The '96 RT's are different from the '92-'95 RT's as they have the GTS aluminum suspension and the GTS hood. The NACA Duct and Louvers have the mounting positions already there, all that has to be done is to cut the hood to fit the factory parts and they just drop in and bolt right up.

The earlier year cars I understand require a bit more work as you have to build up the mounting areas for the duct and louvers underneath. Chuck Tator has done a few and he tells me it's the most fun he has ever had! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
Awesome. Learn something new every day. :thumb:

· Registered
1,077 Posts

Where can I get those upgrades for the hood? How hard was it to get done? Does it mean that I have to repaint my whole hood? Sorry so many questions. Always liked the look of the Gen II hoods.
Be

· Banned
2,657 Posts

that's lookin great. Now...just need to get some of that nice seats and stuff to put in it and the body looks department would be good to go.

· Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

KingViper,

Where can I get those upgrades for the hood? How hard was it to get done?

I contacted the "Wizard" at Tator's Dodge and purchased the NACA, Louvers and both side Viper emblems from him along with other parts. The wing came from JonB and it was absolutely the hardest piece to locate (production stopped about 4 years ago and they are all but dried up).

How hard was it to get done? Does it mean that I have to repaint my whole hood? Sorry so many questions.

I had a very competent shop here in Atlanta (Awesome Fiberglass) do the work as you have to be terribly careful when cutting in these mods. I did have the hood and front fascia re-painted as it was the only way to do it right in my thoughts.

They could not have done the stripes without re-painting the hood simply because I insisted that the Saber Tip stripes be pulled down through the NACA. I was really pleased with the custom touch they added to the tips of the stripes.

Not knowing what color you Viper is I would think it may be easier on the wallet if the painter only had to color match the pieces. Maybe someone on the board could answer that one.

I'm glad I had the work done and have no regrets as it's like having a new Viper in the garage, dramatically changed her for the best IMHO.

ViperNathan,

I have Roe Ovals (catback straights) which run into a fabbed X-Pipe/tips made for me by a local welder. She sounds DEEP and mean at idle, like music when you get into it, and pops like three hells on the decell, I love it (but I'm not very mild mannered either). /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

· Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,110 Posts

Very good looking car!

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/294Dsc01333b-med.jpg[/image]

I can loan you my white dress shoes and my white belt.... it is my Florida senoir citizen dress code requirement to go out in public in Florida.

But seriously, that is one sweet ride.

Cudaman:flag:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.