Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new to the site, and a new Viper owner. I just picked up a 2002 Red RT-10 and I'm in love w/ the thing. Been wanting one since I was a kid and I finally did it. I didn't want to get an SRT-10... too much and I only like the Startech version.

Anyway enough of that crap.. I'm ready to mod -- getting ready to pick up a Snake Oyl muffler delete. I was hoping I could hear what it sounds like. Anyone have any sound clips I could listen to?

I already ditched the stock speaks. Put in an Alpine 400W amp, a JL 6.5" sub and a pair of Boston Acoustics in the doors. FYI for other guys looking to do this in their RT's...

The Boston's are money!! They sound bad ass. You'll need to do some drillin /images/graemlins/cursin to get them to fit because of the Viper's non-standard hole config in the doors. Also, the stock tweeters are held in there with two screws that you can only get to by pullin the door panel off. You should have seen the look on my GF's face when she looked in the garage to see my 5000 mile new Viper's door panel on the floor /images/graemlins/smiles They come with crossovers, which I used commercial grade velcro to hold to the inner door panel. The power windows clear them with about 3" clearance.

The JL sounds good too, but the magnet is so damn big I couldn't fit it in the standard sub hole. I didn't want to cut the rear trunk or the sub hole (yet) so I reversed the thing and its magnet is sticking out, blowing into the trunk. The woman thinks it looks dumb but I think it looks pretty good, and sounds REAL good.

Anyway I'm excited to be a new Viper owner and look forward to being a member of this cool ass site.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Don't waste your money on the Snake Oyl "muffler delete"...Get a Borla cat back for around $800...Or just delete the mufflers yourself at your local muff shop, add some cool tips for around half the price, if not less...

Congrats and welcome to the dark side...How's it feel to finally have some torque??? /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. I was going to do the basics first, and then decide on Corsa / Borla a bit later on, once I hear both in person. The Snake Oyl I'm lookin at was slightly used and already had some 4" chromes welded on, for sale at half price.

So far I've been nervous about bringing this car to any shops. Any Viper owners in the Sarasota/Bradenton area with advice about good Viper mechanics? Buncha punk asses in the shops around here, and when they see me driving the thing they get careless.

I have a 2002 Firehawk which warmed me up, but the Viper torque seems unlimited!

Love this car
:cheers:

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
GoddFadda..... there is no such thing as Viper mechanics in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. I can advise you about good Dealer Viper tech in the area as long as your car has had no serious mods.

Once you want to do some serious mods there is only 1 Viper mechanic in our area ...Larry Macedo of Macedo Motorsports.

I also can advise you and Bad VPR(Lakewood Ranch) would say the same as far as a very good place to do your Snake Oyl "muffler delete", as as matter of fact he can do the delete on his own or ultilizing the Snake Oil.

Congrats on the Snake in the Garage!

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice and welcome guys.

Cudaman: I was afraid of that... oh well, looks like I'll be doing most work myself. Maybe even oil changes.

I ended up getting a great deal on the Snake Oyl so I bought it. A buddy and I will put it on hopefully Wednesday, when it should arrive. I'll record the installation, and sound clips so anyone else can listen in and check it out.

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
Save your old parts ....so if you sell one day, you can make her back in to a stocker.

Cudaman:flag: (in Bradenton near Lakewood Ranch)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice. Well, I got the new system on today. I took videos of the whole thing. Will be posting in a few days.

The new sound is great. Its not much louder than stock, but the cam and compression sounds are so much more pronounced. Man this is what that car should be stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts