Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Snake Oly catalog last week. They are advertising a clutchless transmission. Anyone know anything about this? Is this a paddle thing with electronic actuators? Or is this just some beefed up unit with crazy synchros?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
it is a T-56 same as in your car. still has a clutch, but the clutch is only needed on a dead stop. has beefed up synchros to aid in shifting without clutch. I am fairly sure you cannot DownShift without clutch though as well. I have heard its approx 15 grand.

MUCH better idea to go with the Blueprinted tranny from ViperSpeed-(Archer Racing)

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jesus..$15K and you cant downshift without a clutch? What a waste!

·
Banned Since 2003
17,762 Posts
I was watching speed channel last night and I was watching some race Vipers that had a shiftless tranny. All they would do is hit a T handle shifter forward for up shifts and back for down shifts. I think it was useful for race purposes but I rather enjoy shifting as its part of the fun of owning a sports car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
TobyT said:
I was watching speed channel last night and I was watching some race Vipers that had a shiftless tranny. All they would do is hit a T handle shifter forward for up shifts and back for down shifts. I think it was useful for race purposes but I rather enjoy shifting as its part of the fun of owning a sports car. <hr /></blockquote>
EFFENAY Toby T! :cool:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Talked with Albert about this and he said it would not be able to hold over 800 RWTQ. Thats what he said he was told from Quaife. So maybe wold work for motor cars at the drag strip, or for road racing, which is what it was made for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts