Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Schadenfreude Connoisseur
10,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Snake Oly catalog last week. They are advertising a clutchless transmission. Anyone know anything about this? Is this a paddle thing with electronic actuators? Or is this just some beefed up unit with crazy synchros?

· Registered
1,804 Posts
it is a T-56 same as in your car. still has a clutch, but the clutch is only needed on a dead stop. has beefed up synchros to aid in shifting without clutch. I am fairly sure you cannot DownShift without clutch though as well. I have heard its approx 15 grand.

MUCH better idea to go with the Blueprinted tranny from ViperSpeed-(Archer Racing)

· Banned Since 2003
16,402 Posts
I was watching speed channel last night and I was watching some race Vipers that had a shiftless tranny. All they would do is hit a T handle shifter forward for up shifts and back for down shifts. I think it was useful for race purposes but I rather enjoy shifting as its part of the fun of owning a sports car.

· Registered
86 Posts
TobyT said:
I was watching speed channel last night and I was watching some race Vipers that had a shiftless tranny. All they would do is hit a T handle shifter forward for up shifts and back for down shifts. I think it was useful for race purposes but I rather enjoy shifting as its part of the fun of owning a sports car. <hr /></blockquote>
EFFENAY Toby T! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.