Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone suggest some good slicks or radials for OEM 1997 17's with eibach pros? I need something that will "just fit" and with the car being lowered and throwing on some OEM 17's, I'm not sure what kind of clearance I'll have. Anyone have a similar set up?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Eibachs will screw you at the track, plain and simple. You are better off with stock springs if you want good weight transfer.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Just as J DAWG said, eibachs will fuck up weight transfer because they have a higher spring rate. Stick with stock springs if you wanna hook. Vipers already have a tough time with transfering weight...you don't need to make it any worse.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know guys..unfortunately, I've been on that thread before, BUT I have'em on there now so....I wanted to know what tires may be "fitting."

Dawg,

getting my S/C tommorrow. gotta drive to jxn so we can go to the strip..

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
I know guys..unfortunately, I've been on that thread before, BUT I have'em on there now so....I wanted to know what tires may be "fitting."

Dawg,

getting my S/C tommorrow. gotta drive to jxn so we can go to the strip..
Im not sure what route you want to go. For the 17's (and i thought you had 18's, so im guessing these are extra wheels for the strip.) BFG Drag radials are by far the best steel belted tire, but i think the biggest size they make is a 315-35-17 and i dont know if that is gonna work on a 13 inch rear wheel, if it does, it will be one hell of a stretch on that tire. You could always get the Khumo race tires, but they will not stick as good the BFG, but they the Khumos do come in 335-35-17, which is the size you need. Nitto also makes a drag radial, but im not sure if they carry a Viper size DR.

The best combo, and ultimately a more expensive route to go would be to call CCW and have John make you a set of 16 inch drag wheels and mount some M/T' ET Streets or ET Drags. You will hook and book on this package and have less parasitic loss due to the front runners (skinny front tires and wheels). The best bang for the buck in the long run if you plan on going to the drag strip a few times a year.

My advice: Dont fuck around and go get a set of drag wheels and REAL drag tires such as M/T's, Hoosier's, M/H's (my personal favorite). Nothing like wrinkling the side walls of the tire during a 5500 RMP launch and hanging on for dear life. :nod:

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
King, got it from someone who never put it on the car. Had a change of heart...
Tito, thanks for that thorough helping hand...I'm with you, if you do it do it right...thanks :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts