Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched. Couldn't find the thread. I'm trying to shove the rubber hose into the tank neck but it gets hung up at where I am guessing the neck meets the tank. The manual says use a 5/16 or smaller hose, which I am using. No luck. Any suggestions?

It is the GTS so I could drill the rivets and probably go in through the trunk but I wanted to avoid that.

Another option I remember reading was disconnecting the fuel line and running the pump until it empties, shutting down before the pump burns up.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
No advice but made me think of a guy I worked with back in the day that collected Buicks. Was fucking around with something on the neck of a gas tank & broke the bulb in his trouble light which was the ignition source & put him in the hospital for a couple weeks with some nasty facial burns & nearly blinded him.

You know the drill - be safe...

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
How much gas is in it? The siphon hose has to make a sharp 90 at the fuel module inlet on the right. Probably the simplest thing is to pull the left rear wheel and fender liner. Start the engine and then pull the fuel pump relay and idle until it dies. Work the fuel line loose from the filter, slip a jumper hose over the plastic line, insert the relay and just pump it into a fuel jug.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs Vehicle brake Alloy wheel

Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T

·
DEETOO
1,629 Posts
What Dean said, you won’t overheat the pump to empty the tank since you won’t be running long and are pushing to atmosphere and not building pressure.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent pics Dean. Thanks. Not sure how much fuel is left in it. The gauge was never accurate. Could be 1/3 of a tank or it could be near empty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts