Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know who makes the "cleanest looking" guage pod that's steering wheel (column) mounted?

any help would be awesome..

· Schadenfreude Connoisseur
10,474 Posts
They make one for the dodge ram. The problem is that most guages will not sit flush enough with the pod so that the steering wheel wont rub when you turn. Apparently we have the same steering column as a dodge ram, but our steering wheels sit pretty flush to the column. No one elese really has an steering column or A pillar mount that is really taht clean. Every install I have seen has some sort of gap. From what I have been told even those gaps were "worked" to get them as clean as they are with some serious heat gun molding.

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smokin said:
They make one for the dodge ram. The problem is that most guages will not sit flush enough with the pod so that the steering wheel wont rub when you turn. Apparently we have the same steering column as a dodge ram, but our steering wheels sit pretty flush to the column. No one elese really has an steering column or A pillar mount that is really taht clean. Every install I have seen has some sort of gap. From what I have been told even those gaps were "worked" to get them as clean as they are with some serious heat gun molding.
thanks smoke...yeah, I plan on taking out my volt guage and placing my A/F guage there but I need a simple mount to place my pressure guage but I don't want it to look riced out either..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.