Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to buy the sim eliminators for my 99 GTS if I take the cats off?

Do they make the car run better or do they just trick the computer that everything is ok?

Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The O2 simulators will tell the computer that everything is OK, otherwise your check engine light would come on. The 02 sensor reading is an integral part of the engine management system.

In short...they trick the computer that everything is ok.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Snake Bitten,

So these work EXACTLY like the ones the Viper parts vendors sell for $130++? Do they plug/mount the same way as well?

Later

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
This is the type of info. I LOVE!!!

I can 'somewhat' understand a parts vendor/tuner charging a arm&leg for a custom piece that took a lot of time to test/develop. But doubling+ the price of an item they just order from another parts wharehouse is criminal.

My .02

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have the APEX snakeboxes that were on sale last yr. Their kit included 4 bung plugs and boxes that plugged right into the sensor wiring. I think I paid less than $100 at the time. It was nice not having to do any wiring or splicing.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Yo! Cornhole...Those are the good ones...They were on sale right before Christmas for $149...We put them on two cars up here...You are correct...Twas a good deal, they work awesome!

·
Registered
135 Posts
They are made by Casper electronics. I think they were about $120 shipped. Just goe to Jegs on the web. I think it is jegs.com

·
Registered
468 Posts
Nice info,
Thanks,
Jason

·
Premium Member
19,236 Posts
FAST? said:
i have a set of sims if you need a set. they are from roe racing.
How much? I need a set. PM me,

Mike

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Does anyone know if these are reuiqred on a Gen I when the cats are removed?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts