Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to dyno yesterday to tune in new nitrous system...never even got that far.

car was running (we decided to do an initial NA pull for baseline and to compare consistency to last time) horrible. almost 60rwhp rwtq less than normal all across the board from start to finish; consistent with this every damn time. had that damn hiccup at about 5500 too with the damn vec2 but we dumped a shitload of fuel into it at 5500-6000 and smoothed that bitch out just fine (killed power thought /images/graemlins/toothy )

anyway, doing leakdown and compression test today; dont know what else to start with but 60rwhp/rwtq is a subtantial loss for sure and like i said, its from start to finish every time

hope to make it to shreveport

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
obviously you made several pulls.

When I first dyno'd my car it was 100 rwhp less, but as it turned out the plugs were fouled, the pcm needed to relearn everything and it eventually picked up to where it needed to be.

I wish yours was that simple. Hope everything gets sorted out. Now get your ass off the pc and get her done!

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got 22 from new plugs /images/graemlins/toothy

bottom line though, something just not right, im thinking a valve, leakdown and compression will tell. then im yanking off the MSD voltage booster and hitting the dyno tommorrow evening. if its running right, im loading it up and im on the road at 5am sunday morning

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Get it fixed, you have 3 days and all day monday to drive to the event. change the o2 censers, change the nitrous, change the heads, install new pistons, change the cam, change the crank. change the fuel system, change the intake and give it one more pull.

rohn

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope sam econditions ambient; exactly same.

compression test revealed nothing; checked out OK.

goign to do leakdown in a few minutes. if that checked out OK fuck it ill drive it and im racing it, whatever HP loss im experiencing isnt anything i cannot compensate for with NOS /images/graemlins/toothy

i removed the MSD fuel pump voltage booster i still think it ahd a hand in there somewhere.

sixty RWHP/RWTQ is a damn high amount though; same aprox amount a cylinder problem would indicate /images/graemlins/sad

Im coming to shreveport now matter what, and ill drive anyones car, so, if you want you car to do the 1320 like a scalded ape and cant do it yourself, i may be carless and willing to oblige.

worst case, im hitting craps tables till the wee hours; you in with me big Rohn??

Heffner; whatre you trying to sling me ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.