Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somehow, i managed to let a bottle of Pennicle Detailing Spray leak all over my passenger floorboard. thank god there was a floor mat down, i think it soaked up the majority of the spray. my car smells like coconut now, but i have a feeling it will turn to a horrible smell. it is all dry, there is no mold or anything. the whole deal is just frustrating. i am glad the carpet is black as well, otherwise there would be a huge stain for all to see. oh well, nothing i can do about it now...

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
When I read the title of the thread, I thought you were going to tell us about how you stepped in a pile of dogshit while speaking spanish to your co-workers and dropped the burrito you were chowing down on and smudged the finish on your Toro.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smokin said:
When I read the title of the thread, I thought you were going to tell us about how you stepped in a pile of dogshit while speaking spanish to your co-workers and dropped the burrito you were chowing down on and smudged the finish on your Toro.
nope. funny you should say that, i just took the portal cable to my walk behind....

·
FUSTFU
9,240 Posts
I hope Jose doesn't turn into a winbreaker :ugh:

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anthony - 98 GTS said:
RedSnakeGTS said:
somehow, i managed to let a bottle of Pennicle Detailing Spray leak all over my passenger floorboard.
Windbreaker :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
well i learned from the best! SB showed me the way, and to be honest, i am as upset that i wasted a 20 dollar bottle of spray, as i am that it leaked all over my viper. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I wish I had your problems /images/graemlins/toothy

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
RedSnakeGTS said:
my car smells like coconut now..
Just imagine how happy Jimmy Buffet will be next time you take him for a ride in your car :thumb:

Always a silver lining in every cloud.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
RedSnakeGTS said:
Smokin said:
nope. funny you should say that, i just took the portal cable to my walk behind....
I thought you were gonna tell us about an "incident" with the outrageous power of your car. /images/graemlins/sad

Thank god it wasn't that kinda "SHIT!" :thumb:

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
RedSnakeGTS are you a landscaper or do you do landscape maintenance, there is a big difference. I am curious because his my profession.

Cudaman:flag:

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cudaman said:
RedSnakeGTS are you a landscaper or do you do landscape maintenance, there is a big difference. I am curious because his my profession.

:rolleyes: does it actually matter? you're right, there is a difference. i am a STUDENT that is passing time during the summer MOWING LAWNS. "Resident Landscape Maintainer" is that better?

·
4,287 Posts
RedSnakeGTS said:
Cudaman said:

:rolleyes: does it actually matter? i am a STUDENT that is passing time during the summer MOWING LAWNS. "Resident Landscape Maintainer" is that better?
It does not matter....just was curious. One is not better than the other. It was just a question.

CuriousCuda:flag:

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
Come on Eric you know this is what "spilled" in your car. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

[image]http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/45/68/hmgdLawn_and_GardenWeed_ControlAllOrtho_Weed_B_Gon_Lawn_Weed_Killer_2-resized200.jpg[/image]

Here is the help letter he wrote to a pro on these chemicals and it tells just what happened. :nod:

Ortho's Weed-B-Gon ignites in car leaving heavy poison mist.

The incident happened when the plastic container was sitting on the floor of my vehicle and "ignited" spewing a heavy cloud of pesticide. I believe that a static electrical current built up between the carpet and the container.

I removed all the upholstery from the vehicle and soaked the interior with baking soda and Tide detergent. I haven't done anything about the vinyl components of the dashboard and doors except soak them.

Is this car safe to drive?

Eric/aka Pedro

RESPONSE:

No, it is not safe to drive, particularly not until tested.

Weed-B-Gon contains 17.8% 2,4-D isooctyl ester and 8.4% 2,4,5-TP silvex. The likelihood of dioxins in great.

There is a Weed-B-Gon Bar which contains 18.0% 2,4,D- triethylamine salt. There is also Weed-B-Gon jet weeder, Wee-B-Gon Lawn Weed Killer and Weed-B-Gon M. All of these products are made by Chevron.

You need to see the label on this jar to make sure what you have. I would not want to take a chance on having cleaned up the car only by taking out carpet, etc. Soap and water will not clean up these chlorinated herbicides.

If there was any kind of fire or heat it could cause dioxins to convert to dibenzofurans which are very toxic. The combination of dioxins and dibenzofurans is very toxic. Unfortunately a dioxin analysis is $1.000. If he can get wipe samples of dashboard, flooring below carpet, seat upholstery, we can do 2,4D/2,4,5-T and 2,4,5-TP silvex. This analysis is $250 per sample

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cudaman said:
RedSnakeGTS said:
Cudaman said:

:rolleyes: does it actually matter? i am a STUDENT that is passing time during the summer MOWING LAWNS. "Resident Landscape Maintainer" is that better?
It does not matter....just was curious. One is not better than the other. It was just a question.

"CuriousCuda" /images/graemlins/laughing.gif sorry i was being defensive. i thought you had the feeling i had some attitude like i was a badass landscaper, and there is nothing further from the truth. now, i can mow a mean yard with stripes and all! i just dont deal with irrigation, ponds, flowers, etc.....

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jerome said:
Come on Eric you know this is what "spilled" in your car. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

[image]http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/45/68/hmgdLawn_and_GardenWeed_ControlAllOrtho_Weed_B_Gon_Lawn_Weed_Killer_2-resized200.jpg[/image]

Here is the help letter he wrote to a pro on these chemicals and it tells just what happened. :nod:

Ortho's Weed-B-Gon ignites in car leaving heavy poison mist.

The incident happened when the plastic container was sitting on the floor of my vehicle and "ignited" spewing a heavy cloud of pesticide. I believe that a static electrical current built up between the carpet and the container.

I removed all the upholstery from the vehicle and soaked the interior with baking soda and Tide detergent. I haven't done anything about the vinyl components of the dashboard and doors except soak them.

Is this car safe to drive?

Eric/aka Pedro

RESPONSE:

No, it is not safe to drive, particularly not until tested.

Weed-B-Gon contains 17.8% 2,4-D isooctyl ester and 8.4% 2,4,5-TP silvex. The likelihood of dioxins in great.

There is a Weed-B-Gon Bar which contains 18.0% 2,4,D- triethylamine salt. There is also Weed-B-Gon jet weeder, Wee-B-Gon Lawn Weed Killer and Weed-B-Gon M. All of these products are made by Chevron.

You need to see the label on this jar to make sure what you have. I would not want to take a chance on having cleaned up the car only by taking out carpet, etc. Soap and water will not clean up these chlorinated herbicides.

If there was any kind of fire or heat it could cause dioxins to convert to dibenzofurans which are very toxic. The combination of dioxins and dibenzofurans is very toxic. Unfortunately a dioxin analysis is $1.000. If he can get wipe samples of dashboard, flooring below carpet, seat upholstery, we can do 2,4D/2,4,5-T and 2,4,5-TP silvex. This analysis is $250 per sample
Jerome, you know i am in the process of getting my license to even carry that stuff. i dont have it yet, thus, i dont even carry round-up...

·
4,287 Posts
RedSnakeGTS said:
Cudaman said:
RedSnakeGTS said:
Cudaman said:

"CuriousCuda" /images/graemlins/laughing.gif sorry i was being defensive. i thought you had the feeling i had some attitude like i was a badass landscaper, and there is nothing further from the truth. now, i can mow a mean yard with stripes and all! i just dont deal with irrigation, ponds, flowers, etc.....

No harm no foul

A former CuriousCuda:flag:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.