Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Enlightened
28,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow morning, starting about 9AM Central (that's Houston time), our server will be offline for a while. We are undergoing an upgrade from RedHat 7.3 to RedHat Enterprise.

As some of you may be aware, RedHat dropped support of its entire line of free servers at the end of last year and is offering continued support for only their new line. The downside to this is that they do not have an upgrade path between versions, so we have to start from scratch by installing the new operating system onto a new pair of drives and then copy over all our data onto the new setup. Once online with our new server we will enjoy being current with all the latest versions of Apache, PHP, MySQL and a new RH kernel optimized for performance.

Peter, our tech, suggests it could take a few hours to do the actual new installation and setup. Once he is done, then I will begin the process of migrating over all our data.

As a side note, we have one of those 4D sonograms tomorrow, so I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to do the migration. As such, the server may be offline for much of the day.

Go outside and do something.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.