Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Re: Secret Spy Photo of Paolo\'s Viper Motor

dansauto said:
dumbass, I am pretty sure this aint it...
Well thank you captain obvious!!!

I couldn't even see how this contraption would squeeze into a Viper... but hell anythings possible I guess.

·
Registered
12,064 Posts

:lolcry:

You BEASTARD!! WHO TOL' YOU?!! :lolcry:

Jay "Captain Obvious" K.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts

Go Fast For Life, you are correct about that being my motor, but that is for the Riding Mower Tractor Pulling World Championships! LOL! I would have to slightly modify the hood to fit something like that into a Viper not to mention remove a couple of cylinders!

In all seriousness, there is room with my setup to do compounded turbos like this! I might just have to put the air filters sticking out the hood! ==> Hmm 60 PSI, could the Viper motor handle this kind of boost? I think not! :rofl:

Thanks for the joke! You are a funny man! :bowdown:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Jerome and Paolo,

You got me. This thing is actually a BBC quad turbo motor for Mike Moran's car. And yes, it actually goes into, or I should say the camaro fits around the engine.

Go Fast

·
Registered
7,282 Posts

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif

I must have missed this thread - that quad engine had a lot of innovation in it - ran a different firing pattern which required custom cam, and a custom crank that was totally different to stock BBC design. The engine was effectively outlawed in that he found very few places would let him run - so he built up a twin turbo 540 which makes even MORE power - and has run that in his Monte Carlo to 239mph at 6.2 - and the car is technically capable of being street legal!!

As for Paolo's beast - his design is remarkably similar to what I had planned long ago. The difference is that his is nearly done.

I am very excited for him about what he has accomplished to date and can't wait to see it in person and see it succeed as it deserves to. I remember Paolo and I talking about the basics of a great TT design over a year ago - while he was getting his supercharged engine done. He not only remembered all the essential points of a great design, since then he has talked to many other people, not accepted no for an answer, and not blindly accepted commonly held misonceptions. He has learned, studied, and figured out how to turn great design principles into reality. He has my utmost respect for that.

Paolo's TT system is unique, he ignored what all the other tuners are doing and started from a fresh piece of paper. Not because he felt the other tuners were doing it wrong - but because he challenged himself to build the best design he could and make it fit, not vice verser. A LOT more work - too much to be economical for tuners who need to make a living - but....

if any engine is going to test how strong a Viper crank is - this one will be it. :thumb: :nod:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts

Torquemonster said:
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif

I must have missed this thread - that quad engine had a lot of innovation in it - ran a different firing pattern which required custom cam, and a custom crank that was totally different to stock BBC design. The engine was effectively outlawed in that he found very few places would let him run - so he built up a twin turbo 540 which makes even MORE power - and has run that in his Monte Carlo to 239mph at 6.2 - and the car is technically capable of being street legal!!

As for Paolo's beast - his design is remarkably similar to what I had planned long ago. The difference is that his is nearly done.

I am very excited for him about what he has accomplished to date and can't wait to see it in person and see it succeed as it deserves to. I remember Paolo and I talking about the basics of a great TT design over a year ago - while he was getting his supercharged engine done. He not only remembered all the essential points of a great design, since then he has talked to many other people, not accepted no for an answer, and not blindly accepted commonly held misonceptions. He has learned, studied, and figured out how to turn great design principles into reality. He has my utmost respect for that.

Paolo's TT system is unique, he ignored what all the other tuners are doing and started from a fresh piece of paper. Not because he felt the other tuners were doing it wrong - but because he challenged himself to build the best design he could and make it fit, not vice verser. A LOT more work - too much to be economical for tuners who need to make a living - but....

if any engine is going to test how strong a Viper crank is - this one will be it. :thumb: :nod:
Thanks Barry! :thumb:

I originally started out to build a turbo system that utilized the properly sized turbos for the 8 liter V-10. The usual place under the footwells will never fit the turbos I am using. As the project has progressed, I have done some outrageous(with the utmost functionality in mind and a twist of wouldn't this be F'fing BAD ASS?)things because I could. When you are sitting in your garage and see what you could do, and are doing it yourself and CAN do it yourself, you had better just do it! It may take a little longer, but what the heck, right? :thumb:

·
Registered
12,064 Posts

Barry/Paolo,

Wasn't the goal here to keep the Cat in the Bag?? Or did I miss something? :doh:

Uhhh, lemme change that up, Wasn't the goal here to keep the SSSSSnake in the bag until Dyno Day??

FUGGEDDABOUDIT!!

This TT car was planned, reviewed, designed for maximum airflow PRIOR to implementation. Building is the easy part when its the result of a great outline. Read my first post pertaining to my visit to P's garage way back when to really get the core of what is being said here. Barry, nice write up.

Jay K.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts

Paolo...I can't wait to see your turbo system. Got any pics of your supercharger you can send to me. I haven't seen photo's yet.

·
Registered
12,064 Posts

Tanked,

Look around on the web as the supercharger was sold a few months ago if not more. Paolo can chime in about the DVD/Car Magazine cover his car was on if you want more about it.

Jay K.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts

Tanked, it was a Heffner supercharger system. Looked pretty much like Smokin's only not as much chrome. You can order the DVD out of Turbo Magazine. The ad for the Ultimate Street Car Challenge III DVD has been a full page ad for the almost the last whole year.

I had pictures of it on my old CPU but I cannot find them on the new one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.