Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I removed both seats today in my 1994 rt10. Read many posts on how to before starting. No need to remove seat bottom as the front bolts are visible and you can access the rear bolts two ways. First by pushing the seat forwards as far as you can get it. The rear bolts are then visible to a degree. You can also pull the back portion of the seat bottom up to reveal two holes that line up over the back bolts and you are able to get an extension through there to access the back bolts.
Note that the carpet can cover the back bolts a little so you may need to place a finger down there to push the carpet to the side so the socket will seat on the bolt correctly.
Once the seats were gone, I took the carpet out to get things cleaned properly. Not sure if the aluminum matting is original or not. I'm assuming so. Wood Automotive exterior Gas Trigger Bumper
Vehicle Comfort Chair Armrest Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Hood Wheel
Grey Automotive exterior Tints and shades Asphalt Sleeve
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Tread
Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Hood Wheel

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just brought them in to the house for further inspection. Hit 97 degrees yesterday and was not going to hang outside more than I needed to. Next step is to refinish the backs of the seats. The top portion of each seat back needs attention. I have an idea of what I want to do but will do a quick search here and see if anyone has tackled that before.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Starting my seat back refreshing. This is the passenger side before. I will mask off and start with a high grit sandpaper to soften any rough areas. I bought high grade specific spray paint for plastic. I'll update as I go. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Plant Automotive tire Sculpture Door Tree
Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tree Window

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Nothing to add other then the standard mask off areas, clean dust and degrease before painting. Upto you if you want to primer it or use Adhesion Promoter before color or non gloss clear after. They don't see wear so primer/adhesion promoter might not needed. Clear to UV protect it from fade if it gets sun.

Just do a number of light coats to prevent runs.

Standard stuff with painting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I removed both seats today in my 1994 rt10. Read many posts on how to before starting. No need to remove seat bottom as the front bolts are visible and you can access the rear bolts two ways. First by pushing the seat forwards as far as you can get it. The rear bolts are then visible to a degree. You can also pull the back portion of the seat bottom up to reveal two holes that line up over the back bolts and you are able to get an extension through there to access the back bolts. Note that the carpet can cover the back bolts a little so you may need to place a finger down there to push the carpet to the side so the socket will seat on the bolt correctly. Once the seats were gone, I took the carpet out to get things cleaned properly. Not sure if the aluminum matting is original or not. I'm assuming so. View attachment 153966 View attachment 153967 View attachment 153968 View attachment 153970 View attachment 153969 View attachment 153968
Hi, With the seats out, are you able to access the lumbar air bag in the seats? In particular, the drivers seat? Thanks Steve

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, With the seats out, are you able to access the lumbar air bag in the seats? In particular, the drivers seat? Thanks Steve
My main concern was the seat backs but now you mentioned the lumbar bag and I'll address that as well. My bladder pump is missing so I don't know if it works or not. Funny how a car with so few amenities would add the lumbar support feature. Lucky I still have the driver seat out as the passenger seat went in a few days ago. I currently have an issue with my clutch safety switch so the front seat will remain out until that gets fixed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: The new safety clutch switch did not solve my issue. Clutch bushings will need to be addressed but I'm hesitant to take that on myself. Being 5'10 and 285lb, mid 50's, broad shoulders and everything else that goes with that, I was lucky to get the switch done. Anyone doing repairs in the foot well, taking the seat out is a no brainer.
Specproperties : I'm attaching a photo or two showing the pump line going into the back seat area. Clips or something else is holding the seat to the outer case and I'm not going to force it off. The lumbar support is my least worries right now.

Any pointers on removing the pedal box completely for the bushings replacement would be appreciated. Water Automotive tire Grass Tints and shades Bicycle tire
Plant Grass Wood Tints and shades Automotive tire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts