Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive a once inch seatlowering kit. i plan on installing it this week. is install as straighforward as it should be?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I don't know about the one inch, but the two inch was a bear to get in.

Skinned my arms up, never got one of the bolts in, etc...

It's secure enough, though, and I wouldn't trade this mod for 100HP.

6'5" here.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just did this a couple weeks ago. The driver side bolt/nut combo was too close together by 1/8 inch. Had to take a file and remove some metal from the rails. Pass the plastic ties thru the material (that you have to secure at the end to the wire frame) before you put the seat in the car. This way you don't have to fish around in tight quarters.

Be very careful when you take the seat out- the rails are sharp and will leave a mark. Cover the sills and pillar.

Without the kit I doubt I could wear a helmet in the car.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The 1" kit on my 99 RT was cake. Took me less than 45 minutes to do it, and that included pulling the old seat out, cussing a few times b/c I found my V-1 (which I thought was stolen and replaced), and vacuming the carpet. So it was cake.

Good luck!

BTW - The instructions say that you need to take off the seat covering at the bottom... I didn't need to at all. In fact, the directions made the kit far too complicated. Take off the old rails and install the new ones. that's it.

JD

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Yep, 2" drop kit for me as well. As a first time attempt, it was a biatch to install it into my 95 RT. Definitely had to pull the seat bottom out, in order to take the old rails out, and put the new ones back in. I found that using nylon tie wraps to make a temporary pull loop on the lower seat clips, made it a hell of a lot easier to get the lower seat portion clipped back onto the frame. NO need for filing or modifying the kit, as long as you locate the bolts and nuts, and gradually tighten each as you go around (similar to wheel lug nuts). If you tighten any one of the nuts/bolts prior to getting them all located and started, you will find that you cannot get the last one or two into the proper hole alignment.

Once completed, ...it was well worth it, as I am 6'5" and now have plenty of head room. Even better, my line of sight through the windshield is exactly where it should be - approximately mid way between the dash and the window frame. /images/graemlins/thumb1

FYI: I bought the Northwind Engineering 2" kit, and Mike was extremely helpful and courteous. Thanx again Mike. :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.