Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Search Problems

534 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  nohsreg2000 
#1 ·
Hey Michael, I was trying to find the post where Smackie and Red5 were going to race and Red kept wimping out and here's what I noticed. When I tried to search way back it said the date range was too broad even though it was only 8 months. Then it said I had to be registered to use the search, although I was logged on. Then it said I could only search every 60 seconds but paid supporters get a quicker response. I finally pulled up all of Red5's posts and was gonna go back through them but it would have taken forever to get to summer of '03.

My suggestion, put page numbers on the search results instead of just the next and previous buttons. I could have gone to page 10 million of Red's posts and found the thread maybe. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif Thanks for your efforts! :thumb:

See less See more
#2 ·
I understand that MP does plenty around here and the last thing he needs is more work but I wholeheartedly agree with Biggs on this one. There needs to be a way to search a users posts easier than "Previous" and "Next." I have seen some forums that numbers the posts and have a "jump to post #" feature. I have given up a few times trying to go back and find a users posts because of the amount of time it takes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.