Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum and Viper. Bought first Viper last week. To Sweet. Got a Scan Code error P1494 can't seem to find any info about it. Got any ideas also has oil leak at pan tried to seal but no luck. Any ideas on scan code P1494.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
GTS_FINAL_143 said:
Funny you mentioned Gas Cap the code appeared after filling up tank. Thanks I will run down the list.

Gary

I don't know if it is particulary a Dodge quirk, but we get tons of check engine light calls all the time. Their cars are notorious for this problem....

·
Registered
791 Posts
PBG said:
I don't know if it is particulary a Dodge quirk, but we get tons of check engine light calls all the time. Their cars are notorious for this problem....
yea Ellen...it's weird too...but most are set off by the gas cap not being tight..

and yer give a damn is busted again???.. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
GTS_FINAL_143 said:
New to forum and Viper. Bought first Viper last week. To Sweet. Got a Scan Code error P1494 can't seem to find any info about it. Got any ideas also has oil leak at pan tried to seal but no luck. Any ideas on scan code P1494.

Thanks,
Your cats gone and you have simms in place??
I get that same code. I get it every now and again since I have taken my cats out. Just get an OBDII and reset your check engine light. No big deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got car last week so kinda green to Viper.. Any good tech manuals you can recommend? Has headers and Cats are gone. My ODBII will not reset the scan codes. How to reset manually? I disconnected battery cable and went to ground but did not rest scan code.

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
The gas crap thingie is what bimmers are notorious for. Got a 3 series BMW and if you don't tighten that cap really well i get a check engine light that must be reset via computer or 25 engine cycles. Sucks...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.