Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my nitrous kit for sale in the for sale section. This guy by the name of Theory Ramy emailed me. He said he wanted the kit. I was asking $1000 for everything. He said he would send me a cashiers check for $3000 and have me send the difference to his "shipper" with the kit. I instantly knew this must be a scam.

Who in the hell buys something for $1000 and send you $3000 for you to send $2000 back?? What an idiot. Anyway, I decided to play along. I wanted to see just how far this would go. So I said, sure I have no problem with that. Well two days later fed ex shows up with a check.
[image]http://www.garyjavo.com/images/pictures/fraudcheck.jpg[/image]

I thought, wow this guy is serious. Well I quickly looked over the check and immediately noticed a few suspicious things. First off, the amount was hand written. Plus, none of the lines were perfectly straight, especially on the back. He asked me to take the check to a check cashing store. At first I was just going to throw it away but I decided to see, for sure, if the check was fake.

I took it to a place up the street and and asked them to cash it. They ran it through their check cashing system and it checked out!! They were about to hand me the cash when I told them. I don't have a very good feeling about this, could you super duper check that check for me please. A few minutes later the owner of the store walks in. He came over to see what was going on. He immediately was very suspicious of me. He asked why was I cashing the check. I told him that was what I was instructed to do. Then he started asking me all kinds of question and acted like I was the bad guy. He said there is no one in Savannah who will cash an out of state certified check like that. I said, "well your store was about to hand me the cash right before I requested a closer look!!" That shut his ass up.

Anyway I wound up calling the bank and they could not verify the check. I decided since this Ramy guy had wasted my time, now I am going to waste his time. I emailed him saying that I had cashed the check with no problem and I would be sending the ballance to him by western union. You should have seen him get all excited. I told him I was going to the local western union "right now" several times. Once I said they told me I needed two forms of ID to complete the transfer. THen I said the W.U. office closed before I could get over there.

I've turned it into a little game. If I don't email him, after a while the emails stop and my cell phone will not ring. Then I email him again telling him I am going to send the ballance and how I am so sorry it is taking so long. Right after that my phone starts ringing off of the hook and the emails start pouring in!! So predictable.

SO GUYS, PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!! THERE ARE A LOT OF IDIOTS IN THIS WORLD. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THIS GUY!!!

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Gary,

as you know I was gonna buy your set up...but I went with a single stage kit....I'm glad you kept a clear eye...

· Registered
2,903 Posts
Its funny I am plying along with a scammer right now myself with the wheels that I just purchased off of E Bay 3 weeks ago. They didnt hit reserve. The guy hijacks an ebay account relists the same auction pictures of the wheels and hen asks me if I want to buy them for like 1800.00 bucks shipped! So several e mails back and forth I am still messing with him......

· FUSTFU
8,346 Posts
2FAST4U said:
I called western union but they didn't have much to say. The guy is in Nigeria, so I'm doubt there is much that can be done. What would you do?
Why in the world would you play along? What would we do???? How about call the authorities? This type of fraud plagues car lovers all over the nation and you play along? I am in dismay.

· Registered
11,948 Posts
Sgt. Snatch said:
2FAST4U said:
I called western union but they didn't have much to say. The guy is in Nigeria, so I'm doubt there is much that can be done. What would you do?
Why in the world would you play along? What would we do???? How about call the authorities? This type of fraud plagues car lovers all over the nation and you play along? I am in dismay.
i think it's funny. that dude was trying to rip him off, so why not have some fun at his expense? he can still turn him in after he made this guy run all over the place thinking he was getting paid. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

· Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sgt. Snatch said:
What are the local authorities going to do to a guy in Nigeria?? And you ask why play along?? Maybe to piss him off a little, and waste some of his time the same way he is wasteing my time.

His latest email...
----------------------------------------------------------

HELLO GARY. THIS IS THE INFORMATION I WANT YOU TO GO AND AND SEND THE MONEY TO:

NAME.....FRED MARK
ADDRESS....147,VICTORIA ICELAND ROAD.
CITY........LAGOS
COUNTRY.....NIGERIA
ZIPCODE .....23401

JUST TAKE THIS INFORMATION TO ANY OF THOSE WESTERNUNION STORE AROUND YOU AND SEND
THE MONEY, AT ANY WESTERNUNION LOCATION THEY DON'T REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT INFO'S BUT
ONLY NAME AND ADDRESS OF WHOM AND WHERE TO SEND THE MONEY TO, AND THAT IS IT ABOVE
FOR YOU TO USE.

THEN BEFORE SENDING THE MONEY, YOU WILL BE ASK A QUESTION CALLED ( Text Question & Answer )
SO I WILL LIKE YOU TO USE THIS QUESTION FOR THE TRANSFER: WHAT IS SKY COLOR?
ANSWER:BLUE...

AND AFTER YOU TRANSFER THE FUNDS PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET BACK TO ME VIA EMAIL WITH THE WIRING INFORMATION SUCH AS:
1...SENDER NAME AND ADDRESS
2...RECIEVER NAME
3...AMOUNT SENT
4...CONTROL NUMBER
5...TEXT QUESTION & ANSWER

THAT'S ALL I WANT FROM YOU AS SOON AS YOU SENT THE FUNDS, AND YOU CAN EMAIL THIS INFORMATION TO MY SHIPPER VIA EMAIL.
THIS IS THE EMAIL ( [email protected] ) . IS NEW CAUSE THE FIRST SHIPPER HAS GONE TODAY BECAUSE YOU DELAYED THEM, SO THIS IS THE NEW SHIPPER WILLING TO COME FOR THE PICKUP FOR ME.

THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
THEORY RAMY..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I should email him the link to this thread... :fist:

· Registered
530 Posts
Send him a dollar and have him go to the WU office so he can pick it up or if they mail it to him he'll get excited thinking he is getting the check.

· FUSTFU
8,346 Posts
2FAST4U said:
Sgt. Snatch said:
What are the local authorities going to do to a guy in Nigeria?? And you ask why play along?? Maybe to piss him off a little, and waste some of his time the same way he is wasteing my time.

His latest email...
----------------------------------------------------------

HELLO GARY. THIS IS THE INFORMATION I WANT YOU TO GO AND AND SEND THE MONEY TO:

NAME.....FRED MARK
ADDRESS....147,VICTORIA ICELAND ROAD.
CITY........LAGOS
COUNTRY.....NIGERIA
ZIPCODE .....23401

JUST TAKE THIS INFORMATION TO ANY OF THOSE WESTERNUNION STORE AROUND YOU AND SEND
THE MONEY, AT ANY WESTERNUNION LOCATION THEY DON'T REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT INFO'S BUT
ONLY NAME AND ADDRESS OF WHOM AND WHERE TO SEND THE MONEY TO, AND THAT IS IT ABOVE
FOR YOU TO USE.

THEN BEFORE SENDING THE MONEY, YOU WILL BE ASK A QUESTION CALLED ( Text Question & Answer )
SO I WILL LIKE YOU TO USE THIS QUESTION FOR THE TRANSFER: WHAT IS SKY COLOR?
ANSWER:BLUE...

AND AFTER YOU TRANSFER THE FUNDS PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET BACK TO ME VIA EMAIL WITH THE WIRING INFORMATION SUCH AS:
1...SENDER NAME AND ADDRESS
2...RECIEVER NAME
3...AMOUNT SENT
4...CONTROL NUMBER
5...TEXT QUESTION & ANSWER

THAT'S ALL I WANT FROM YOU AS SOON AS YOU SENT THE FUNDS, AND YOU CAN EMAIL THIS INFORMATION TO MY SHIPPER VIA EMAIL.
THIS IS THE EMAIL ( [email protected] ) . IS NEW CAUSE THE FIRST SHIPPER HAS GONE TODAY BECAUSE YOU DELAYED THEM, SO THIS IS THE NEW SHIPPER WILLING TO COME FOR THE PICKUP FOR ME.

THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
THEORY RAMY..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I should email him the link to this thread... :fist:
Who said anything about "local" authorities. There are other departments that handle this type of fraud....say like the FBI for instance, just a thought, do what you want.

· Your Humble Servant
9,974 Posts
Sgt. Snatch said:
2FAST4U said:
Snatch, the scammer is in Nigeria. I don't think it'll do nmuch good to narc him out to US Police and even less good calling the Nigerian Police. No, but I do think hassling the shit out of him is just a GREAT idea.

Great going 2FAST! Keep him on the hook as long as you can.

· Registered
317 Posts
Personally I think this is hilarious. There is a whole group of people out there with a website and everything dedicated to scamming the scammers. Check it out. LINK Very funny stuff. Like someone said, the local authorities aren't going to do anything about it so you might as well fuck with the loser. String him on as long as you can. The guys on that website showcase their "throphies" usually pictures of the scammer doing something you requested.

Mark
/images/graemlins/smiles

· Registered
209 Posts
I think it is completely funny that this guy is getting a taste of his own medicine. When you decide to turn him in get in touch with the FTC. There are a number of scams out of Nigeria right now being investigated. This could be fuel for the fire. This used to be real big in the credit card world as well. 76% of all charged-back international credit card transactions come from Nigeria. Good catch! Hope you can string him along for a LOOOOOOONG time.
Lil DW

· Stow-N-Go, Baby!
10,163 Posts
Okay. Tell the guy that Western Union told you that you can't send the money due to Nigerian currency controls. Tell him that Western Union mentioned that you had to get a "Form M" transaction license to send the money. Tell him as soon as he sends you the Form M, you can send his cash. (The Form M is the currency control license in Nigeria, so while what I'm saying is bullshit, it will sound "sortof" on point.) And see how he responds.

· Registered
4,285 Posts
Tell him that Western Union was too difficult to deal with so you just decided to get him a cashier's check.

However, the bubble headed cashier at the bank messed up and made it out for $4,000.
Instead of paying the $7 for a new cashiers check to be issued, tell him you'll send him the cashier's check for $4,000 and since you still owe him $2,000 from the check he sent you, all he has to do is wire you $2,000 so you'll all be even.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.