Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RMPL
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best results were fun, learning and new friends.

For Utahviper, etc here's the rundown.

Qualcomm is an 1/8th mile in a asphalt parking lot with 80' concrete pads. There are traces of VHT sprayed down. There were about 200 cars, much rice, 2000 spectators and about 10 Vipers, many dragging for the first time. I have Scotty Toofast's old slicks and skinnies, everyone else was mainly street tires.
Most were in the 8's, with an occasional 9. I ran 7.454 @ 84.91 on engine(which is good for me) and 7.230 @ 103.2 on nitrous(slow for me), with a best 60' of 1.733. It was the third fastest car after 2 trailered drag cars. I believe Manny's best was 8.232 @ 99.56 with a 2.218 short time. It was his first time, I believe, and was demonstrating bog or spin on alternate runs like we all did at the beginning. He was on sport cups. His reaction times were almost all .5Xs and .6Xs - very impressive. The funniest was Lurch- Randy Begin with his helmeted head sitting clear above the window frame- nicest guy in the club.

Carlsbad the next day! It is a beat up 1/4 about to be built out as office. About 6-8 Vipers out of 70 cars which ranged from rice to altereds. My best was a pitiful 11.035 @ 131.82. with a 1.719 short time. Next run I did a 1.667 short, shifted from 2 to 5, blew the run and blew a coolant hose. My favorite was Fred Vanta in a bumblebee(yellow/black) with paper tags on it, stock ,on his 2nd time on the strip beating a Z06 with a chip, with Fred having faster reaction time, short time and a little faster down the rest. Manny had gone to drag radials which are just not enough for that monster. He ran 11.466 @ 131.74 with a 1.995 short time. He is determined and friendly and will drop those times with practice. The tech guy asked him "Is that a Honda with a Viper kit or a Viper with a Honda kit?' about the wing.
As always, we go to race and end up sharing tools, gear, advice and leave with new friends and saying "Next time I'll be faster"

"Utah" Todd - Your driving in Vegas was amazing in Vegas in the heat on those tires. Your ability to describe a proper launch was great. They just sent me a refund check for registration based on your complaint, thank you. It ain't the money, it was them admitting it didn't go as well as it should.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Thanks for the update! I am glad that more people are getting interested in drag racing and I hope it grows. THe important thing is that everyone had a good time.

I am glad that the moparsatthestrip.com decided to refund our money and I think that speaks highly of them. I will consider going there again next year. From the letter it seems as though they are telling us that we were going to a mopars show with vipers in it instead of a viper show with mopars in it. I hope they can commit to us more runs this next year.

I don't know how many of you have any interest in attending another event in vegas but the supras come to town in october and that would be my next recommended time. I want racers to come and break personal records at one of the best facilities in the world and there is no better time to do it than a cool night in vegas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.