Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, HATS ARE OFF TO DR. ROOF FOR PUTTING THIS DRAG RACING SMACKFEST TOGETHER. THANKS TO JON B FOR STEPPING UP WITH SPONSORSHIP. OK, NOW ENOUGH OF THE FRIENDLY TALK, HOW ABOUT SOME FRIENLY SMACK.........

SVS - WE WELCOME YOUR 4000 LB, TWIN TURBO, GEN 1 DRY SUMP MOTOR, AUTO TRANS, 10-YEAR IN THE MAKING RACE CAR, TO COME AND KICK OUR BUTTS ALONG WITH EVERYBODY ELSE. PLEASE BRING YOUR SCALES AND BOOST MEASURING DEVICES SO THAT THERE CAN BE PROPER CREDIT GIVEN TO THOSE WHO WEIGH THE MOST, RUN THE LEAST AMOUNT OF BOOST AND STILL RUN THE FASTEST..... SERIOUSLY, GIVEN THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE RECENTLY RUN SOME REALLY FAST ET'S, YOU ARE THE GUYS TO BEAT FOR OVERALL LOW ET FOR THE EVENT. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE AWARDS FOR THE DYNO AND THE HIGHEST 1/4 MILE TRAP SPEED? WE WILL SEE I HOPE.

BTR TOM - I THINK ITS TIME WE HAVE YOUR "SAMBUCA CHALLENGE"

ROE BLOWN GUYS - COULD THIS BE THE EVENT WHERE ONE OF THESE CARS POPS A 9?

RSI - MAY BRING A LOT OF CARS, HAS A REAL NICE LOOKING RIG, HAS A FEW FAST MOTOR CARS, I JUST HOPE THAT YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THE 9.59 YOU RAN AT THE LAST BOWLING GREEN EVENT. IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME IF SOMEBODY SHOWED UP AND BEAT DOWN YOUR 9.45 6-SPEED RECORD BY A TENTH OR 2...........

TNT - ANY CARS TO RACE BESIDES TONY KIRK'S? SOMEBODY PLEASE BRING NICK SOME NO-DOZE THIS TIME..........

BIG BLOWER GUYS - AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BEAT DOWN YOUR COMPETITOR'S AT LEAST UNTIL THE NEXT SMACKFEST. I KNOW PAOLO IS COMING AND I CANT WAIT........... WHAT ABOUT TREYNOR? ANY BIG POWER PAXTON CARS COMING?

FLORIDA - WARD, CHRIS, JOHN, YOU GUYS COMING?

OK, HERE ARE A FEW PREDICTIONS:

OVERALL LOW ET FOR THE EVENT WILL BE UNDER 9.15

OVERALL HIGH MPH FOR THE EVENT WILL BE OVER 157

HIGHEST RW HP WILL BE OVER 1100 RW HP

HIGHEST BOOST ONLY POWER WILL BE OVER 1000 RW HP

AND MY FINAL PREDICTION IS THAT ALL WHO ATTEND WILL HAVE A REALLY GREAT TIME. SEE YALL SOON,

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
John....

Chris is coming.... but only to WATCH :sleeping:.....he would have been real tough competion on the street challenge :arcade:, as well as the radial tire. Maybe you or Larry can talk some sense into him and get him to bring his car!

John C and myself had a semi trailer set up to bring a bunch of the Fla Posse Vipers out there.......BUT they backed out/ fell thru just last Sat. We are working on making more arrangements that we can count on.

THIS WILL BE THE FASTEST RACE OF 2003. I am sure many WORLD RECORDS will be broken in Texas. We will be partying hard :cheers: and racing FAST. :burn: :burn:

Cudaman :flag:

·
Registered
4 Posts
John Hennessey said:
OK, HATS ARE OFF TO DR. ROOF FOR PUTTING THIS DRAG RACING SMACKFEST TOGETHER. THANKS TO JON B FOR STEPPING UP WITH SPONSORSHIP. OK, NOW ENOUGH OF THE FRIENDLY TALK, HOW ABOUT SOME FRIENLY SMACK.........

SVS - WE WELCOME YOUR 4000 LB, TWIN TURBO, GEN 1 DRY SUMP MOTOR, AUTO TRANS, 10-YEAR IN THE MAKING RACE CAR, TO COME AND KICK OUR BUTTS ALONG WITH EVERYBODY ELSE. PLEASE BRING YOUR SCALES AND BOOST MEASURING DEVICES SO THAT THERE CAN BE PROPER CREDIT GIVEN TO THOSE WHO WEIGH THE MOST, RUN THE LEAST AMOUNT OF BOOST AND STILL RUN THE FASTEST..... SERIOUSLY, GIVEN THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE RECENTLY RUN SOME REALLY FAST ET'S, YOU ARE THE GUYS TO BEAT FOR OVERALL LOW ET FOR THE EVENT. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE AWARDS FOR THE DYNO AND THE HIGHEST 1/4 MILE TRAP SPEED? WE WILL SEE I HOPE.

BTR TOM - I THINK ITS TIME WE HAVE YOUR "SAMBUCA CHALLENGE"

ROE BLOWN GUYS - COULD THIS BE THE EVENT WHERE ONE OF THESE CARS POPS A 9?

RSI - MAY BRING A LOT OF CARS, HAS A REAL NICE LOOKING RIG, HAS A FEW FAST MOTOR CARS, I JUST HOPE THAT YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THE 9.59 YOU RAN AT THE LAST BOWLING GREEN EVENT. IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME IF SOMEBODY SHOWED UP AND BEAT DOWN YOUR 9.45 6-SPEED RECORD BY A TENTH OR 2...........

TNT - ANY CARS TO RACE BESIDES TONY KIRK'S? SOMEBODY PLEASE BRING NICK SOME NO-DOZE THIS TIME..........

BIG BLOWER GUYS - AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BEAT DOWN YOUR COMPETITOR'S AT LEAST UNTIL THE NEXT SMACKFEST. I KNOW PAOLO IS COMING AND I CANT WAIT........... WHAT ABOUT TREYNOR? ANY BIG POWER PAXTON CARS COMING?

FLORIDA - WARD, CHRIS, JOHN, YOU GUYS COMING?

OK, HERE ARE A FEW PREDICTIONS:

OVERALL LOW ET FOR THE EVENT WILL BE UNDER 9.15

OVERALL HIGH MPH FOR THE EVENT WILL BE OVER 157

HIGHEST RW HP WILL BE OVER 1100 RW HP

HIGHEST BOOST ONLY POWER WILL BE OVER 1000 RW HP

AND MY FINAL PREDICTION IS THAT ALL WHO ATTEND WILL HAVE A REALLY GREAT TIME. SEE YALL SOON,
Well baby are you not the scnackle smackie king of caps. Why are all your predictions so low????? /images/graemlins/greddy.gif Are these Vipers you guys are all blowing your loads over? I expect more from the Ranks that frequent your little forum club. :thumb:

I'm wondering is there 1 2many dyno queens that own these precious vehicles? All you boys with your big horsepower toys better know how to use them or TriXie is going to have to go back and hang with the PunkRice. :bunny:

I see so many of you make too many excuses. /images/graemlins/cry.gif when you have the chance to do more of this :cheers:

Speeds Chick

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
John, good post!

I am also wondering which other high HP supercharged cars will be coming besides Dr. Roof....

I know there are certain keyboard-only supercharged smack typers who will not be in attendance for the ass kicking portion of the competition.

This should be a great time! I am looking foreward to getting to it!

As far as smack is concerned, I WILL SPANK YOU SILLY!=====> BOY!

Actually, I'll do my best to try! LOL!

P.S. I will be driving my dually crew cab pickup truck around Chicago (visualizing the highway roll) to sharpen my reflexes for the big race! Hey, it has a 6-speed! AND 525 LBS/FT!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Don't think that we can't put the same thing in a completely stock looking Viper. :nod:

Yes it will be a little more expensive, but if you want a 8 sec. street car that is reliable, No NOS, quiet and well tuned it costs more. :thumb:

We have had the current engine in our Viper for about 3 years. Yes the one that almost holds the records for everything.

We ran the stock engine previous to that up till 99/2000. We put around 15k miles on it. We ran it at the drag strip at only one event in Norwalk. We ran low 10's @ 148-149mph with ease and my poor drag racing skills until I burned the clutch after a couple runs.

I thought weight in Drag racing is a Considerable factor in determining class? I really only know about road racing and I know that weight is scrutinized in competition.

I personnaly never go anywhere to think I'm going to kick anyone's ass. Expecting to win and hoping with confidence that everything goes well are completely different states of mind. I never underestimate my competitions abilities.

Hi, I welcome you to my house. I don't like what your wearing, how you wear it and what you've done to get what your wearing, BUT :rolleyes: I hope you feel welcome :puke:

We are just retards who have built a :rolleyes: Racecar :rolleyes: on pure luck.

Jr. :flag:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HEY JR., DR. ROOF LISTED THE CLASSES IN ANOTHER THREAD. CHECK IT OUT, IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR CAR WILL PROBABLY FALL INTO THE 9.40 AND UNDER CLASS. WEIGHT IS NOT A FACTOR IN DETERMINING YOUR CLASS. PERSONALLY, I THINK YOU SHOULD ADD ANOTHER 500 LBS. OF SAND IN YOUR TRUNK SO YOU CAN BRAG ABOUT YOUR CAR BEING A REALLY REALLY HEAVY PIG THAT STILL RUNS 9.18 NO NOS. NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL AND CERTAINLY WOULD SHOULD WHAT KIND OF A RACE CAR A RETARD CAN BUILD ON PURE LUCK!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
John Hennessey said:
HEY JR., DR. ROOF LISTED THE CLASSES IN ANOTHER THREAD. CHECK IT OUT, IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR CAR WILL PROBABLY FALL INTO THE 9.40 AND UNDER CLASS. WEIGHT IS NOT A FACTOR IN DETERMINING YOUR CLASS. PERSONALLY, I THINK YOU SHOULD ADD ANOTHER 500 LBS. OF SAND IN YOUR TRUNK SO YOU CAN BRAG ABOUT YOUR CAR BEING A REALLY REALLY HEAVY PIG THAT STILL RUNS 9.18 NO NOS. NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL AND CERTAINLY WOULD SHOULD WHAT KIND OF A RACE CAR A RETARD CAN BUILD ON PURE LUCK!
:atu: :atu: :atu: [image]http://www.viperalley.com/pano/panels/-12351.png[/image]

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Thats funny I was thinking the same thing. Add 500# and be around 4500# race weight. That will put us 700-800lbs heavier than you. Then it would be an even race without YOU using NOS.

Adding the 500# would put us closer to a 9.7

Just trying to even things up for ya ;)

I got a heavy car and its so fast
gonna add more weight...add more weight.....damn it's still fast
I love my heavy pig she's so fast
gotta a fat ass fill her fulla gas
holey shit! I'm in Texas didn't watch my weight
Got beat by a Venom that did a 9.8

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's OK Jr., we will concede that you are probably bringing the heaviest Viper to the event. It seems to me the purpose of the event is about PERFORMANCE and NOT EXCUSES.

At the conclusion of the event on Sunday, I will be glad to come online and give everyone a direct comparison on our TT Vipers, including low ET, high MPH along with the chassis dyno results. You are welcome to qualify your results to everyone including how much your car weighed, how much you weighed, how much your drivers suit weighed, how many quarts of oil your Gen 1 dry sump motor holds, how you were able to keep your boost under 4 psi and still lay down your numbers with the e-brake on. I think all that BS is hillarious.

On the other hand, whatever my customer's twin turbo Vipers end up running, and there should be 2 - 3 of them at the event, we will just simply state the ET, MPH and chassis dyno numbers they ran, good or bad.

Keep on bragging big guy, maybe all that hot air will give you the thrust for the 2.5 tenths you need to better our 8.93 ET (that we attained in a customer owned GTS with a stock computer, cold AC and leather interior on a 95 deg. day).

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Keep on bragging big guy, maybe all that hot air will give you the thrust for the 2.5 tenths you need to better our 8.93 ET (that we attained in a customer owned GTS with a stock computer, cold AC and leather interior on a 95 deg. day).
......you forgot to add the spray of NITROUS that is bigger than the shot coming out of torquemonsters AVATAR. :lolcry:

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
SVS Turbo said:
......you forgot to add the spray of NITROUS that is bigger than the shot coming out of torquemonsters AVATAR. :lolcry:
/images/graemlins/laughing.gif ok you guys - here's a deal. I'll loan both of you the whale - you can use her for ballast, and connect her up to the intake - she should be good for a 4 second top end charge looking at that water spout.

Warning! If the hose comes off in flight - your nose will twitch, your goggles could fog up and your eyes will water... causing the vehicle to possibly lose control.

John/Jr - any suggestions on how to harvest this latent whale power without a near death experience? :lolcry:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are correct sir, we dont make any excuses for going fast and setting records at the dragstrip and dyno.

If you are hanging your hat on the NOS thing, I am more than glad to run you heads up without NOS any way you want to run: auto v auto, 6speed v 6speed, SRT v SRT. I've got all 3 versions available to me and would be glad to match up with you. Just let me know.

·
Registered
806 Posts
THis is going to be one crazy contest. I just hope everyone shows up. I can't wait to see all of the fast cars. The 8 second showdown will be something to see and witness.

From my understanding this should be the baddest group of drag racing vipers ever assembled. I predict there will be many 9 and 10 second cars there. More than there has ever been at any event.

All you dyno queens pull that car out of the garage, blow the dust of it and bring it to the track. At least come and see the big boys battle it out.

I wanna see all the big sprayers. I know RSI will be there in full force! BRing the street racing vipers to the strip and see what they'll do.

All you stock guys. Bring um! I race you in my truck for the first 60'.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
UTAH

You bringing your car???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts