Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Has no clever title
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Check Engine light came on yesterday and is steadily glowing. I checked out the IPC for codes today and there are no current codes - just a slew of history ones. I know that could indicate an intermittent problem occurring. Is the light possibly just indicating a bad fuel issue, or do you have any advice for further troubleshooting before I drop the turd off at the Vette repair shop? A few weeks ago it DID stall twice when I put it in reverse to back out of my garage, and it's a bit sluggish as well. Nothing really noticeable, just a slight decrease in acceleration power.

Any advice? It's a '97 w/ auto trans and just under 60K, BTW.

·
Has no clever title
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did check that site out first thing, actually. I got the code listings for everything my IPC had in history, but none of it is applicable to the light remaining on. I believe I may have a bad fuel issue, but only another tank of gas will determine that. :)

·
Has no clever title
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Naw, don't think so. Car is locked in the garage at home and is parked in front of my window while at work. Some little fuck DID steal my valve stem caps while E and I were out recently, though.

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
WickedWahine said:
Naw, don't think so. Car is locked in the garage at home and is parked in front of my window while at work. Some little fuck DID steal my valve stem caps while E and I were out recently, though.
Could it been an act of Retribution for E not taking the Gig at MicroSloth?

:rofl:

·
Has no clever title
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JGK95 said:
Could it been an act of Retribution for E not taking the Gig at MicroSloth?

:rofl:
Haha! The way those shady characters operated, it could very well have been!

Hmmm... an 02 sensor, Clint? Well, one of the codes in history was the Secondary Air Injection System Bank 2 (P1416). I'm far too ignant to deduce whether or not that is a cause of the engine light. Since that code is showing as history and not current it's either something that fixed itself or is an intermittent problem. Everything on the car is tip top and it just had a major tuneup in July. I've no idea what it could be but a trip to the shop will be in order if the light stays on after the next tank of fuel.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
I'm just as ignant as you with that SAISB 2 problem, but if the car is running slower and the performance is sort of just petering out, you may want to check if those sensors are still good.

That's my best guess, though.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Fuuuck yeah. It did have to do with the O2 sensor, but in a secondary way.

Answer:

TC P1416 Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System Bank 2

Circuit Description

This DTC refers to the passenger-side of the vehicle. A secondary air injection (AIR) pump is used on this vehicle in order to reduce the tail pipe emissions during start-up. The powertrain control module (PCM) supplies a ground to the AIR pump relay, which energizes the AIR pump.

The PCM monitors the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) voltages in order to diagnose the AIR system.

During the AIR test, the PCM activates the AIR pump during closed loop operation. When the AIR is activated, the PCM monitors the HO2S voltages and monitors the short-term fuel trim values for both banks of the engine. If the AIR system is operating properly, the HO2S voltages should go low, and the short term fuel trim should go high.

If the PCM determines that the HO2S voltages for both banks did not respond as expected during the tests, DTC P0410 sets. If only one sensor responded, the PCM sets either a DTC P1415 for bank 1 or P1416 for bank 2 in order to indicate on which bank the AIR system is inoperative.

Found at: LS1TECH

·
Sexist
44,730 Posts
WickedWahine said:
My Check Engine light came on yesterday and is steadily glowing. I checked out the IPC for codes today and there are no current codes - just a slew of history ones. I know that could indicate an intermittent problem occurring. Is the light possibly just indicating a bad fuel issue, or do you have any advice for further troubleshooting before I drop the turd off at the Vette repair shop?
Got any tracks in your area? Slap it against a wall and it'll be fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.