Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the video of the viper running in reverse.. I'm pretty sure halfway through the spin, the engine bump starts into reverse. Any time you see the car backing up a little, it is because i am letting the clutch out on what is 1st gear (should be going forward).

Reverse

·
Registered
322 Posts
All I can say is WOW! I always wondered if that would work. I would try to see how fast I could go while backing up. Imagine going through a couple gears. Just kidding! That would be something for America's Stupidest Videos.

Mark
/images/graemlins/smiles

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Thats definitely something that you don't see every day. When it was running backwards you could definitely tell something sounded funny.

Hopefully there is no long term damage.

Eddie

·
Banned
2,675 Posts
net was running stuip slow today. I watched the vid.

I don't know if anyone else notice. But it seemed the rear steped out way too easy. Normaly (at least with my car) I'll get a little warning before it happens. With what happen to you it seems the tires started to break loose and that was it. I wonder if the drivetrain had something to do with the engine running in reverse????

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tanked, I just went into the corner too hot is all. I run kumhos out there and once they give, it's hell to bring em back in line. The course itself is not a nice piece of asphalt and probably contributed as well. /images/graemlins/dunno

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Tanked said:
net was running stuip slow today. I watched the vid.

I don't know if anyone else notice. But it seemed the rear steped out way too easy. Normaly (at least with my car) I'll get a little warning before it happens. With what happen to you it seems the tires started to break loose and that was it. I wonder if the drivetrain had something to do with the engine running in reverse????
Gen 1 cars are very unforgiving

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.